Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? Omar Epps is captain on a space station where things go wrong, "3022"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2020
See? This is what happens when we don’t give Amy Adams tje Oscar she’s deserved for YEARS. Julianne Moore and Gary Oldman have been there. Hope they commiserated with her, because Amy pulls out all the stops on this dressing … Continue reading
It’s like “Queen & Slim” with LAUGHS Issa and Kumail, a real action comedy love match? Works for me. April
Just who are we meant to root for in Corneliu Porumboiu’s “The Whistlers?” Is it Cristi (Vlad Ivanov), the deadpan, corrupt Romanian cop yanked hither and yon — from Bucharest to La Gomera, in the Spanish Canary Islands — by … Continue reading
What kind of man parks a piece of evidence — the car whose owner died when he was dropped 20 stories onto its roof — in the police impound lot, sees that car turn its lights and ignition on, engine … Continue reading
Is “The Lodge” the most disturbing thriller of the year? Judas Priest, I hope so. Dark and despairing, grim and gripping, it’s not necessarily shocking. It doesn’t live or die on its “big twists.” But it gets in your head … Continue reading
Behn Zeitlin, Mr.”Beasts of the Southern Wild,” directed this latest take on free range children who refuse to grow up. “Wendy” opens Feb. 28.