Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 4, 2020
See? This is what happens when we don’t give Amy Adams tje Oscar she’s deserved for YEARS. Julianne Moore and Gary Oldman have been there. Hope they commiserated with her, because Amy pulls out all the stops on this dressing … Continue reading
It’s like “Queen & Slim” with LAUGHS Issa and Kumail, a real action comedy love match? Works for me. April
Just who are we meant to root for in Corneliu Porumboiu’s “The Whistlers?” Is it Cristi (Vlad Ivanov), the deadpan, corrupt Romanian cop yanked hither and yon — from Bucharest to La Gomera, in the Spanish Canary Islands — by … Continue reading
What kind of man parks a piece of evidence — the car whose owner died when he was dropped 20 stories onto its roof — in the police impound lot, sees that car turn its lights and ignition on, engine … Continue reading
Is “The Lodge” the most disturbing thriller of the year? Judas Priest, I hope so. Dark and despairing, grim and gripping, it’s not necessarily shocking. It doesn’t live or die on its “big twists.” But it gets in your head … Continue reading
Behn Zeitlin, Mr.”Beasts of the Southern Wild,” directed this latest take on free range children who refuse to grow up. “Wendy” opens Feb. 28.