Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: Blumhouse finds the dark side of "Fantasy Island"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 11, 2020
“Ford v. Ferrari,” my favorite picture of last year, won two Oscars Sunday night — for editing and sound editing. It deserved them. And watching it again Monday night, before it and most of this year’s Oscar contenders lose their … Continue reading
“Pandora” is a Korean thriller plainly inspired by Japan’s Fukushima tsumani and nuclear plant meltdown. It’s nicely-detailed, with decent effects, moderate suspense and a distinctly Korean approach to how this sort of calamity might go down in an Asian country … Continue reading
The 2011 Belgian comedy “Hasta la Vista” earns a chuckle-out-loud remake with “Come as You Are,” a tale of two wheelchair-bound guys and their blind pal road tripping from Colorado to Canada. They’re disabled and they’re virgins and you guessed … Continue reading
I loved the dark Swedish/Norwegian/French film this is based on, “Force Majeure.” So even though this Hollywood remake is warning mixed notices I early reviews, I am cautiously optimistic. Will Farrell is a master at cringe worthy, and Dreyfuss is … Continue reading
Netflix really only has itself to compete with in the newly-revived teen romantic comedy genre. Theatrical studios gave up on making such films and getting them right a generation ago. But young fans of Netflix’s bubbly (“The Perfect Date”) or … Continue reading