Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 24, 2020
“Saint Frances” is a sentimental and sweet, coarse and edgy comedy about childcare, abortion and finding adulthood at 34. Intrigued? You should be. Writer-and-star Kelly O’Sullivan has concocted a Greta Gerwiggish star vehicle that’s laugh-out-loud funny, blushingly crude and beautifully … Continue reading
It looked like a “Star Wars” sandcrawler, armor-plated and on massive tracks. It was welder and mechanic Marv Heemeyer’s masterpiece, 85 tons of unstoppable motorized mayhem. Because that’s what he built it for. “Tread” is a tale of a small … Continue reading
“The Sower” is a French parable (“Le semeur”) with hints of “The Beguiled” about it, with more romantic and less morbid intentions. A couple of compelling leads and an intriguing source of dramatic conflict help it come off. Soldiers on … Continue reading
If you’ve ever pondered what the label “Southern Gothic” means in cinematic terms, “Blood on Her Name” is the very epitome of the genre. From its evocative title to the working poor milieu of family loyalty, trailer parks, garages, roadhouses, … Continue reading