Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2020
Here’s a documentary about the “brave new world” of brain research that points a day when we we “fundamentally change what it means to be human.” In “I Am Human,” filmmakers Elena Gaby and Taryn Southern talk to futurists, neuroscientists, … Continue reading
Projections for the second weekend of release for this “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie are as all over the place as the opening weekend’s guesses were. Maybe it’ll manage $29 million, perhaps $40 is within reach. My guess would be the … Continue reading
Think of “Farmageddon” as a child’s introduction to science fiction cinema. It’s a non-verbal giggle — a bit slow to be a romp — through decades of sci-fi on the big screen (and on the small) packaged in a preschool … Continue reading
Joan Didion’s cluttered, convoluted pot-boiler of a thriller “The Last Thing He Wanted” becomes a cluttered, convoluted mess of a movie for Netflix. Who knew? Certainly not director and co-screenwriter Dee Rees, who brought the hilariously over-rated “Mudbound” to … Continue reading
Hey Jude, what’s with the doll? You’re a big boy, turn out that night-light. Remember, the voices are just in your head. Just stick to your bed. And never forget the doll’s rules. Or you know, he’ll kill you… It’s … Continue reading