Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2020
Here’s a documentary about the “brave new world” of brain research that points a day when we we “fundamentally change what it means to be human.” In “I Am Human,” filmmakers Elena Gaby and Taryn Southern talk to futurists, neuroscientists, … Continue reading
Projections for the second weekend of release for this “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie are as all over the place as the opening weekend’s guesses were. Maybe it’ll manage $29 million, perhaps $40 is within reach. My guess would be the … Continue reading
Think of “Farmageddon” as a child’s introduction to science fiction cinema. It’s a non-verbal giggle — a bit slow to be a romp — through decades of sci-fi on the big screen (and on the small) packaged in a preschool … Continue reading
Joan Didion’s cluttered, convoluted pot-boiler of a thriller “The Last Thing He Wanted” becomes a cluttered, convoluted mess of a movie for Netflix. Who knew? Certainly not director and co-screenwriter Dee Rees, who brought the hilariously over-rated “Mudbound” to … Continue reading
Hey Jude, what’s with the doll? You’re a big boy, turn out that night-light. Remember, the voices are just in your head. Just stick to your bed. And never forget the doll’s rules. Or you know, he’ll kill you… It’s … Continue reading