Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2020
Here’s a documentary about the “brave new world” of brain research that points a day when we we “fundamentally change what it means to be human.” In “I Am Human,” filmmakers Elena Gaby and Taryn Southern talk to futurists, neuroscientists, … Continue reading
Projections for the second weekend of release for this “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie are as all over the place as the opening weekend’s guesses were. Maybe it’ll manage $29 million, perhaps $40 is within reach. My guess would be the … Continue reading
Think of “Farmageddon” as a child’s introduction to science fiction cinema. It’s a non-verbal giggle — a bit slow to be a romp — through decades of sci-fi on the big screen (and on the small) packaged in a preschool … Continue reading
Joan Didion’s cluttered, convoluted pot-boiler of a thriller “The Last Thing He Wanted” becomes a cluttered, convoluted mess of a movie for Netflix. Who knew? Certainly not director and co-screenwriter Dee Rees, who brought the hilariously over-rated “Mudbound” to … Continue reading
Hey Jude, what’s with the doll? You’re a big boy, turn out that night-light. Remember, the voices are just in your head. Just stick to your bed. And never forget the doll’s rules. Or you know, he’ll kill you… It’s … Continue reading