Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 7, 2020
The embargo for reviews of this video game turned into a movie is midnight Wednesday. They’re Screening it for critics Saturday. Vote of confidence? Do James Marsden and Jim Carrey save it? Animation and re animation, a studio trying to … Continue reading
The idea behind “Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History” is to take a “Drunk History” run through the lives of Great African Americans — some famous, many unjustly obscure. They left out the “drunk” part, but the format is the … Continue reading
“Horse Girl” is a candy-colored descent into madness, a lightweight drama that maintains something like suspense as we cringe through a woman’s struggle to just maintain the appearance of “normality” and “sanity.” Alison Brie of dark comedies such as “The … Continue reading
It’s a female centric R-rated comic book thriller directed by a Sundance winner. And it has been hyped to the moon and back, with Warners feelings it DC muscle after “Aquaman” and “Joker.” Fangirls have to show up. Will the … Continue reading