Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 13, 2020
“Love Jacked” is built on maybe the silliest premise to ever prop up a romantic comedy. A young art school graduate, rebelling against her hardware store-owner Dad’s bossiness, takes a trip to Africa, falls for Mr. Wrong and tells the … Continue reading
Harrison Ford and CGI dogs and wolves. I guess that story about Grumpy Harry, that “They hadda tie a bone around his neck to get the dog to play with him,” is true? 😁
You can’t get more Australian than a romantic comedy with a walkabout, an Aboriginal wedding, a heaping helping of Oz slang and some serious sight seeing in the wonders of the little-filmed Northern Territory. Or as they call it Down … Continue reading
I have a theory about that… Heath Heine, Rick Haak and Jon Cotton star in this Mar. 10 release
There’s a casual charm and sophistication to “The Photograph” that harks back to an earlier era in film romance. The locations are striking, the characters upwardly-mobile and cultured. She’s a curator at the Queens Museum, daughter of a photographer-artist, he’s … Continue reading
Delayed and re-designed after early trailers had fans of the video game “Sonic the Hedgehog” up in arms, the end product movie adaptation isn’t remotely as bad as one might fear. Sure, it’s very very VERY small-child friendly, with a … Continue reading
“Top End of the Country,” they call it. Yeah, a lot of it burned, too. But not before this interracial rom-com was filmed. Looks cute.