Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 15, 2020
“Fronteras” is a stunningly stupid, talky, meandering Border Patrol thriller set in Arizona, a movie that sets itself up as a war of wills between a righteous Mexican-American agent and the racist, rogue “Ends Justify the Means” special team that … Continue reading
What’s the best way to make your C-movie instantly awful? Open it with this line in voice-over. “The lengths we go to for family are infinitely immeasurable.” Kids, “infinite” is by definition “immeasurable.” “Emerald Run” is the oddest action picture … Continue reading
“Portrait of a Lady on Fire” is a sumptuous period piece about passion, feminine independence and painting set in a world of bustles and bodices and ladies wearing Empire waist. Like the process of portrait painting it depicts, it’s a … Continue reading
Another version of “The Most Dangerous Game” with “liberal elites” hunting “red state conservatives” for sport. It was delayed after assorted gun nut mass shootings last year. “Conservative” elites? It’ll dominate Fox “news” coverage in March. Betcha money. Film critics … Continue reading
A robust holiday weekend at the box office is mostly due to video game nostalgia as “Sonic the Hedgehog” pulls in kids, parents and sentimental gamers. A decent Thursday night and a big Friday point to a total of $55-$60 … Continue reading