Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 15, 2020
“Fronteras” is a stunningly stupid, talky, meandering Border Patrol thriller set in Arizona, a movie that sets itself up as a war of wills between a righteous Mexican-American agent and the racist, rogue “Ends Justify the Means” special team that … Continue reading
What’s the best way to make your C-movie instantly awful? Open it with this line in voice-over. “The lengths we go to for family are infinitely immeasurable.” Kids, “infinite” is by definition “immeasurable.” “Emerald Run” is the oddest action picture … Continue reading
“Portrait of a Lady on Fire” is a sumptuous period piece about passion, feminine independence and painting set in a world of bustles and bodices and ladies wearing Empire waist. Like the process of portrait painting it depicts, it’s a … Continue reading
Another version of “The Most Dangerous Game” with “liberal elites” hunting “red state conservatives” for sport. It was delayed after assorted gun nut mass shootings last year. “Conservative” elites? It’ll dominate Fox “news” coverage in March. Betcha money. Film critics … Continue reading
A robust holiday weekend at the box office is mostly due to video game nostalgia as “Sonic the Hedgehog” pulls in kids, parents and sentimental gamers. A decent Thursday night and a big Friday point to a total of $55-$60 … Continue reading