Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Brittany Snow and Justin Long spend "Christmas with the Campbells" in Ketchum
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2020
Elle Fanning and Justice Smith take a walk — and a bike ride — through love and death in “All the Bright Places,” a moon-eyed teen romance that never knows when to drop the mike. It’s a movie that takes … Continue reading
“The Invisible Man” seems destined to break the horror losing streak that 2020 began with. Universal’s Leigh Whannell vehicle for Elisabeth Moss did $1.65 million Thursday night, per Deadline.com. That suggests a boffo Friday and Sat and that early projections … Continue reading
Another trip back to the “Braveheart” era. Angus MacFadyen has the title role in this April 24 release.
If ever there was a time ripe for satirizing, sending up for its open corruption and crass celebrity, all consumed with unquestioning dimwittedness by a public distracted by “bread and circuses,” it is ours. Idiots idolized for their innate skill … Continue reading
Spreading himself pretty thin, but his track record speaks for itself…
We carry around a picture of an antiquarian book dealer or obsessive book collector in our heads. White. Male. Tweed. And there isn’t a lot in D.W. Young’s New York-centric “The Booksellers” that tampers with that. There’s tweed, here … Continue reading