Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: No Lie, "Lie Hard" is excruciatingly bad
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2020
Elle Fanning and Justice Smith take a walk — and a bike ride — through love and death in “All the Bright Places,” a moon-eyed teen romance that never knows when to drop the mike. It’s a movie that takes … Continue reading
“The Invisible Man” seems destined to break the horror losing streak that 2020 began with. Universal’s Leigh Whannell vehicle for Elisabeth Moss did $1.65 million Thursday night, per Deadline.com. That suggests a boffo Friday and Sat and that early projections … Continue reading
Another trip back to the “Braveheart” era. Angus MacFadyen has the title role in this April 24 release.
If ever there was a time ripe for satirizing, sending up for its open corruption and crass celebrity, all consumed with unquestioning dimwittedness by a public distracted by “bread and circuses,” it is ours. Idiots idolized for their innate skill … Continue reading
Spreading himself pretty thin, but his track record speaks for itself…
We carry around a picture of an antiquarian book dealer or obsessive book collector in our heads. White. Male. Tweed. And there isn’t a lot in D.W. Young’s New York-centric “The Booksellers” that tampers with that. There’s tweed, here … Continue reading