Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 23, 2020
Lisbon’s slums are the backdrop for a Pedro Costa’s acclaimed story of a woman from the Cape Verde Islands searching for traces of her late husband in this Feb. 20 release.
“The Gentlemen” is vintage Guy Ritchie, an old-fashioned/new-fangled mob tale of the “Snatch,” “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” Cockney comedy with lots of killing thrown in. None of this “Aladdin” nonsense. It’s “RocknRolla” — the entertaining but weak third … Continue reading