Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 23, 2020
Lisbon’s slums are the backdrop for a Pedro Costa’s acclaimed story of a woman from the Cape Verde Islands searching for traces of her late husband in this Feb. 20 release.
“The Gentlemen” is vintage Guy Ritchie, an old-fashioned/new-fangled mob tale of the “Snatch,” “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” Cockney comedy with lots of killing thrown in. None of this “Aladdin” nonsense. It’s “RocknRolla” — the entertaining but weak third … Continue reading