Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 1, 2020
The tropes, story arc, violence and stereotypes of mob movies are so ingrained that it’s nigh on impossible to do anything new with the genre. The only novelty in the “true story” variant served up in “The Irishman” by Martin … Continue reading
Still “quiet,” still creepy. Emily Blunt? Still fierce.
One great thing about the rise of Netflix streaming is its contribution to the general public’s knowledge of film history. For instance, while you probably remember the Jake Gyllenhaal/Sam Mendes stresses-of-combat classic “Jarhead” from 2005, who knew there have been … Continue reading