Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 27, 2020
One of the delights of the third act of Sir Ian McKellen’s life and illustrious career has been throwing dinner parties, sometimes in swank restaurants here or there — often in the ancient and storied pub he owns, The Grapes. … Continue reading
Rosie Perez and Eric Roberts are the familiar names in this bipolar college kid drowning his troubles at a strip club tale. We are intrigued.
Fine art and the art of stealing it are touched on in this one.
The French comedy “L’ascension (The Climb)” is so cheerful and cutesie that pounding it would be like kicking a puppy. Everybody grins. True love is given its ultimate test. And even if one questions the “sight gag” motives of the … Continue reading