Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 29, 2020
Netflixable? Old friends remain “Close Enemies (Freres Ennemis)” in this Matthias Schoenaerts thriller
We charter members of the “I’d watch Matthias Schoenaerts in ANYthing” Club (Hellooo ladies.) will have see our loyalty tested, just a tad, with “Close Enemies.” This French thriller (“Freres Ennemis”) may have a great, grey look, gritty milieu and … Continue reading
Horace B. Jenkins made his romantic melodrama “Cane River” a couple of years before Spike Lee made his breakthrough first film. It arrived a decade before Julie Dash’s seminal indie drama of people and a place, “Daughters of the Dust.” … Continue reading
Director Reed Morano keeps her camera tight on star Blake Lively throughout “The Rhythm Section.” The “Handmaid’s Tale” veteran knows where her meal ticket is, knows that Lively is worth halting filming to have a baby or heal up from … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Imogen Poots and Jessie Eisenberg are trapped –literally — in the suburban maze of “Vivarium”
A period piece, from the ’90s, music by Bowie and the forgotten sounds of the day.