Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 9, 2020
The first thought that pops into your mind is “Did I change channels to Lifetime?” But then, the title kind of points you that way — “Home Is Where the Killer Is.” “If that’s not a Lifetime Original Movie, I … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Afterward” turns away from the Holocaust and towards “Nakba” — the Israeli Occupation
Ofra Bloch is a psychotherapist, specializing in trauma, who always wanted to be a filmmaker. But it’s her actual profession, not her preferred one, that makes her documentary “Afterward” a valuable document. She questions, she probes, she listens and she … Continue reading
“Underwater” is “Alien” at the bottom of the Deep Blue Sea. That much you can tell from the movie’s commercials and trailers. But it’s also “Alien” with laughs. That doesn’t really come across in the advertising, despite the presence of … Continue reading