Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 9, 2020
The first thought that pops into your mind is “Did I change channels to Lifetime?” But then, the title kind of points you that way — “Home Is Where the Killer Is.” “If that’s not a Lifetime Original Movie, I … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Afterward” turns away from the Holocaust and towards “Nakba” — the Israeli Occupation
Ofra Bloch is a psychotherapist, specializing in trauma, who always wanted to be a filmmaker. But it’s her actual profession, not her preferred one, that makes her documentary “Afterward” a valuable document. She questions, she probes, she listens and she … Continue reading
“Underwater” is “Alien” at the bottom of the Deep Blue Sea. That much you can tell from the movie’s commercials and trailers. But it’s also “Alien” with laughs. That doesn’t really come across in the advertising, despite the presence of … Continue reading