Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 9, 2020
The first thought that pops into your mind is “Did I change channels to Lifetime?” But then, the title kind of points you that way — “Home Is Where the Killer Is.” “If that’s not a Lifetime Original Movie, I … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Afterward” turns away from the Holocaust and towards “Nakba” — the Israeli Occupation
Ofra Bloch is a psychotherapist, specializing in trauma, who always wanted to be a filmmaker. But it’s her actual profession, not her preferred one, that makes her documentary “Afterward” a valuable document. She questions, she probes, she listens and she … Continue reading
“Underwater” is “Alien” at the bottom of the Deep Blue Sea. That much you can tell from the movie’s commercials and trailers. But it’s also “Alien” with laughs. That doesn’t really come across in the advertising, despite the presence of … Continue reading