Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 11, 2020
It’s nigh on impossible to tell a gay coming-out/coming-of-age story on the screen these days without occasionally lapsing into melodrama. The decades of such films that precede every new entry can’t seem to find new characters or new waypoints to … Continue reading
The faintest hint of “The Notebook” pops up in “Live Twice, Love Once (Vivir dos veces),” a wistful if somewhat strained Alzheimer’s romance from Spain. Emilio (Oscar Martínez) is an elderly mathematics professor who isn’t quite ready to accept that … Continue reading
Sam Mendes’ single-take, melodramatic stunt of a Great War movie is blowing up on its first weekend of wide release. It is on track after Friday, and with weekend presales, to clear $32 million, with $35 million a distinct possibility. … Continue reading