Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2020
I’m not sure how much urgency many of us will attach to watching the Netflix documentary “The Edge of Democracy,” now that it’s been nominated for the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. I knew what it was about and held off … Continue reading
Disney will expand Fox’s FORD V. FERRARI from 567 to 1,069 screens this Friday, January 17. #FordvFerrari https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901407027654656?s=20
Sony will expand ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD from 54 to 705 screens this Friday, January 17. #OnceUponATimeInHollywood https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217903295684984832?s=20
Disney will expand Fox Searchlight’s JOJO RABBIT from 125 to 994 screens this Friday, January 17. #JojoRabbit https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901741645029376?s=20
Sure. Try to make us root for Russians. We’ll see, Marvel.
A simple, downbeat and taut-as-a-drum vengeance thriller, “Eye for an Eye”(Quien a hierro mata) lives up to the promise of its simple, evocative title. It’s about a crime family in Cambadoas, in Spanish Galicia, the northwest coast of the country … Continue reading
Opening weekend projections for the third “Bad Boys” film are ranging from $38 to as high as $48 million. Not bad for a franchise whose last outing was 17 years ago. I saw it last night and while I didn’t … Continue reading
The chemistry’s still there. A lot of years, a few pounds and some suspicious hairlines don’t change that. Maybe the idea of a wheezing foot-race to settle a bet is laughable. But as the jokes don’t land the way they … Continue reading
Looks a bit like “Crank.” I loved “Crank.” This one opens Feb. 28. Radcliffe is pursuing an Elijah Wood post franchise career. When are those two teaming up on a fanboy fangasm of a genre film?