Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2020
I’m not sure how much urgency many of us will attach to watching the Netflix documentary “The Edge of Democracy,” now that it’s been nominated for the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. I knew what it was about and held off … Continue reading
Disney will expand Fox’s FORD V. FERRARI from 567 to 1,069 screens this Friday, January 17. #FordvFerrari https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901407027654656?s=20
Sony will expand ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD from 54 to 705 screens this Friday, January 17. #OnceUponATimeInHollywood https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217903295684984832?s=20
Disney will expand Fox Searchlight’s JOJO RABBIT from 125 to 994 screens this Friday, January 17. #JojoRabbit https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901741645029376?s=20
Sure. Try to make us root for Russians. We’ll see, Marvel.
A simple, downbeat and taut-as-a-drum vengeance thriller, “Eye for an Eye”(Quien a hierro mata) lives up to the promise of its simple, evocative title. It’s about a crime family in Cambadoas, in Spanish Galicia, the northwest coast of the country … Continue reading
Opening weekend projections for the third “Bad Boys” film are ranging from $38 to as high as $48 million. Not bad for a franchise whose last outing was 17 years ago. I saw it last night and while I didn’t … Continue reading
The chemistry’s still there. A lot of years, a few pounds and some suspicious hairlines don’t change that. Maybe the idea of a wheezing foot-race to settle a bet is laughable. But as the jokes don’t land the way they … Continue reading
Looks a bit like “Crank.” I loved “Crank.” This one opens Feb. 28. Radcliffe is pursuing an Elijah Wood post franchise career. When are those two teaming up on a fanboy fangasm of a genre film?