Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2020
I’m not sure how much urgency many of us will attach to watching the Netflix documentary “The Edge of Democracy,” now that it’s been nominated for the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. I knew what it was about and held off … Continue reading
Disney will expand Fox’s FORD V. FERRARI from 567 to 1,069 screens this Friday, January 17. #FordvFerrari https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901407027654656?s=20
Sony will expand ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD from 54 to 705 screens this Friday, January 17. #OnceUponATimeInHollywood https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217903295684984832?s=20
Disney will expand Fox Searchlight’s JOJO RABBIT from 125 to 994 screens this Friday, January 17. #JojoRabbit https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1217901741645029376?s=20
Sure. Try to make us root for Russians. We’ll see, Marvel.
A simple, downbeat and taut-as-a-drum vengeance thriller, “Eye for an Eye”(Quien a hierro mata) lives up to the promise of its simple, evocative title. It’s about a crime family in Cambadoas, in Spanish Galicia, the northwest coast of the country … Continue reading
Opening weekend projections for the third “Bad Boys” film are ranging from $38 to as high as $48 million. Not bad for a franchise whose last outing was 17 years ago. I saw it last night and while I didn’t … Continue reading
The chemistry’s still there. A lot of years, a few pounds and some suspicious hairlines don’t change that. Maybe the idea of a wheezing foot-race to settle a bet is laughable. But as the jokes don’t land the way they … Continue reading
Looks a bit like “Crank.” I loved “Crank.” This one opens Feb. 28. Radcliffe is pursuing an Elijah Wood post franchise career. When are those two teaming up on a fanboy fangasm of a genre film?