Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2020
Sentiment and cynicism wrestle each other into submission in the Medal of Honor story, “The Last Full Measure.” In writer-director Todd Robinson’s “too much is never enough” hands, sentiment wins the day. And then it does a victory lap and … Continue reading
Harlem girl, college-bound, entirely too smart for the neighborhood guys who are all “speak ‘game,’ play game, one big game” with their come-ons. But then Ayanna, the aspiring writer and would-be poet, stumbles into Isaiah, the earnest, smart would-be music … Continue reading
Long before she did “Bird Box,” “The Night Manager” or “Serena,” Susanne Bier was a Danish director to watch. “After the Wedding” and “In a Better World” marked her as someone with a distinct perspective and a long career ahead … Continue reading
The trailers for this shout “JANUARY thriller,” and that’s a good thing. It’s a great month to release a picture with no Oscar pretenses, an action film. Mark Wahlberg knocked out a couple, before he was sentenced to Netflix. Everybody … Continue reading