Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2020
Sentiment and cynicism wrestle each other into submission in the Medal of Honor story, “The Last Full Measure.” In writer-director Todd Robinson’s “too much is never enough” hands, sentiment wins the day. And then it does a victory lap and … Continue reading
Harlem girl, college-bound, entirely too smart for the neighborhood guys who are all “speak ‘game,’ play game, one big game” with their come-ons. But then Ayanna, the aspiring writer and would-be poet, stumbles into Isaiah, the earnest, smart would-be music … Continue reading
Long before she did “Bird Box,” “The Night Manager” or “Serena,” Susanne Bier was a Danish director to watch. “After the Wedding” and “In a Better World” marked her as someone with a distinct perspective and a long career ahead … Continue reading
The trailers for this shout “JANUARY thriller,” and that’s a good thing. It’s a great month to release a picture with no Oscar pretenses, an action film. Mark Wahlberg knocked out a couple, before he was sentenced to Netflix. Everybody … Continue reading