Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 4, 2020
Here’s a French farce along the lines of “The Hangover,” where the bachelors — instead of Vegas — venture to the scenic, sinful “Wild West” of Budapest, Hungary. The twist here is that two guys fed up with their MBA … Continue reading
“José” is an intimate character portrait depicting the struggle between responsibility and love in a gay teen in modern day Guatemala. What was the last movie you saw set in Guatemala? Director and co-writer Li Cheng loses himself in the … Continue reading
Love Michael Peña, and I’ve interviewed him a few times over the years, beginning with his break-out in “World Trade Center.” He’s made fine comic foils and a first rate Cesar Chavez, is always credible as star or co-star, playing … Continue reading
Films set in Puerto Rico are as rare as hurricane aid to the storm tossed island. This is worth seeing just for the novelty.
A healthy but underwhelming first weekend for “The Grudge” is the box office news open this New Year. The younger audience that knows horror movies mean “date night” is reliably showing up for the reboot of this J-Horror inspired franchise. … Continue reading