Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 4, 2020
Here’s a French farce along the lines of “The Hangover,” where the bachelors — instead of Vegas — venture to the scenic, sinful “Wild West” of Budapest, Hungary. The twist here is that two guys fed up with their MBA … Continue reading
“José” is an intimate character portrait depicting the struggle between responsibility and love in a gay teen in modern day Guatemala. What was the last movie you saw set in Guatemala? Director and co-writer Li Cheng loses himself in the … Continue reading
Love Michael Peña, and I’ve interviewed him a few times over the years, beginning with his break-out in “World Trade Center.” He’s made fine comic foils and a first rate Cesar Chavez, is always credible as star or co-star, playing … Continue reading
Films set in Puerto Rico are as rare as hurricane aid to the storm tossed island. This is worth seeing just for the novelty.
A healthy but underwhelming first weekend for “The Grudge” is the box office news open this New Year. The younger audience that knows horror movies mean “date night” is reliably showing up for the reboot of this J-Horror inspired franchise. … Continue reading