Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 12, 2020
Documentary Review: Creating a Township Cinema — “Film School Africa”
In America and much of the Western world, film schools are an indulgence of the children of privilege. Talent from other classes occasionally makes its way in, but by large, that’s who you see there. In South Africa, in the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: Creating a Township Cinema — “Film School Africa”
Movie Review: Mockumentary “Reality Queen!” sends up Paris Hilton as if it’s 2000-and-late
Remember Paris Hilton? Because you have to in order to “get” the um, “jokes” in the “comic” spoof “Reality Queen!” It’s about an about-to-fade reality TV star trying to recapture her status in the Age of Memes. And it’s about … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Mockumentary “Reality Queen!” sends up Paris Hilton as if it’s 2000-and-late
Movie Review: Even drug mules have to worry about where they book a room in “The Host”
Wise are the filmmakers who look to Alfred Hitchcock, “the master of suspense,” for inspiration, twists and story structure in creating their screen thriller. But foolish are they who bollix things as thoroughly as the hapless folks who made “The … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Even drug mules have to worry about where they book a room in “The Host”
BOX OFFICE:‘1917’ Tops $36 million, ‘Star Wars’ #2, ‘Boss’ edges ‘Mercy’
A VERY impressive Golden Globes bounce for Sam Mendes WWI epic, which may clear the $37 million mark after all the weekend’s receipts are finally tallied Monday. $36.5 is the official estimate Sunday. “Rise of Skywalker” and “Jumanji” both finally … Continue reading