Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 12, 2020
In America and much of the Western world, film schools are an indulgence of the children of privilege. Talent from other classes occasionally makes its way in, but by large, that’s who you see there. In South Africa, in the … Continue reading
Remember Paris Hilton? Because you have to in order to “get” the um, “jokes” in the “comic” spoof “Reality Queen!” It’s about an about-to-fade reality TV star trying to recapture her status in the Age of Memes. And it’s about … Continue reading
Wise are the filmmakers who look to Alfred Hitchcock, “the master of suspense,” for inspiration, twists and story structure in creating their screen thriller. But foolish are they who bollix things as thoroughly as the hapless folks who made “The … Continue reading
A VERY impressive Golden Globes bounce for Sam Mendes WWI epic, which may clear the $37 million mark after all the weekend’s receipts are finally tallied Monday. $36.5 is the official estimate Sunday. “Rise of Skywalker” and “Jumanji” both finally … Continue reading