Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 22, 2020
Oh, how we’ve missed that Nic Cage. You know the one — bug-eyed and manic, screaming and profane, scary, unstable and violent. The B-movie king is in rare form in “Color Out of Space,” a sci-fi thriller that might have … Continue reading
I can’t be the only one who is over zombies. Totally. Over-exposed, slow-walking or sprinting, George A. Romero “Living Dead” or TV “Walking Dead,” just enough already. But if you see one zombie movie this year, here’s the one to … Continue reading
Britain’s funniest comedy troupe just lost one of its most reliable laughs. Comic, director, mustache-wearer, cross-dresser, Medievalist, history buff and wicked wit Terry Jones has died. Time to rewatch “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” which he decreed and directed … Continue reading
Guy Ritchie directs a gangster picture. Sold. Hope it’s good, as it opens Friday. Or Thursday night.
The Valentine’s Day romance looks like “Valentine’s Day,” without the laughs and an all African American cast. Courtney B. Vance is one of the other big names in it.
Screenwriter (“Gladiator”) turned director William Nicholson wrote and directed this end of a marriage melodrama, due out Mar. 6