Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 22, 2020
Oh, how we’ve missed that Nic Cage. You know the one — bug-eyed and manic, screaming and profane, scary, unstable and violent. The B-movie king is in rare form in “Color Out of Space,” a sci-fi thriller that might have … Continue reading
I can’t be the only one who is over zombies. Totally. Over-exposed, slow-walking or sprinting, George A. Romero “Living Dead” or TV “Walking Dead,” just enough already. But if you see one zombie movie this year, here’s the one to … Continue reading
Britain’s funniest comedy troupe just lost one of its most reliable laughs. Comic, director, mustache-wearer, cross-dresser, Medievalist, history buff and wicked wit Terry Jones has died. Time to rewatch “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” which he decreed and directed … Continue reading
Guy Ritchie directs a gangster picture. Sold. Hope it’s good, as it opens Friday. Or Thursday night.
The Valentine’s Day romance looks like “Valentine’s Day,” without the laughs and an all African American cast. Courtney B. Vance is one of the other big names in it.
Screenwriter (“Gladiator”) turned director William Nicholson wrote and directed this end of a marriage melodrama, due out Mar. 6