Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2020
Ten nominated feature films made the Producers Guild Awards cut, including the usual suspects, from “Little Women” and “1917” to “Ford v Ferrari,” “Joker,” “Jo Jo Rabbit,” “Once Upon a Time,” “Irishman,” “Parasite,” “Knives Out” and “Marriage Story.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/pga-awards-nominees-2020-list-full-1267527
2020 DGA Awards nominations leave out Gerwig, Baumbach, but tap Bong Joon Ho, Sam Mendes, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Taika Waititi
“1917” has quite a bit of momentum, now, I’d say. The Directors Guild gave Sam Mendes a Best Director boost, along with the directors of “Parasite,” “Jo Jo Rabbit,” “Irishman” and “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.” An embarrassment of riches … Continue reading
Not the most beloved University of Florida alumna, just another Urban Meyer recruit made…bad. Premieres on Netflix Jan. 15.
In their documentary short “The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant,” filmmakers Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert captured the failure and closing of a Dayton, Ohio General Motors plant that closed in 2008. Some ten thousand longtime GM … Continue reading
The Monroeville, Alabama of “Just Mercy” is a barely-repentant racist town coasting on the righteousness of its most famous resident, Harper Lee — who wrote “To Kill a Mockingbird.” “Hav’ya BEEN to the Harper Lee Museum?” every white person in … Continue reading
The first R-rated comedy of the new year could pay off handsomely for this trio — no fresh comic competition, a rare bird in terms of January subject matter. People need a laugh. January isn’t always a dumping ground for … Continue reading