Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2020
Ten nominated feature films made the Producers Guild Awards cut, including the usual suspects, from “Little Women” and “1917” to “Ford v Ferrari,” “Joker,” “Jo Jo Rabbit,” “Once Upon a Time,” “Irishman,” “Parasite,” “Knives Out” and “Marriage Story.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/pga-awards-nominees-2020-list-full-1267527
2020 DGA Awards nominations leave out Gerwig, Baumbach, but tap Bong Joon Ho, Sam Mendes, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Taika Waititi
“1917” has quite a bit of momentum, now, I’d say. The Directors Guild gave Sam Mendes a Best Director boost, along with the directors of “Parasite,” “Jo Jo Rabbit,” “Irishman” and “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.” An embarrassment of riches … Continue reading
Not the most beloved University of Florida alumna, just another Urban Meyer recruit made…bad. Premieres on Netflix Jan. 15.
In their documentary short “The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant,” filmmakers Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert captured the failure and closing of a Dayton, Ohio General Motors plant that closed in 2008. Some ten thousand longtime GM … Continue reading
The Monroeville, Alabama of “Just Mercy” is a barely-repentant racist town coasting on the righteousness of its most famous resident, Harper Lee — who wrote “To Kill a Mockingbird.” “Hav’ya BEEN to the Harper Lee Museum?” every white person in … Continue reading
The first R-rated comedy of the new year could pay off handsomely for this trio — no fresh comic competition, a rare bird in terms of January subject matter. People need a laugh. January isn’t always a dumping ground for … Continue reading