Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2020
“Jumanji” FINALLY finishes a weekend ahead of “Star Wars.” It took a month, but holding audience and having legs at the box office finally bore fruit fruit for”The Next Level.” It will probably play longer into this winter than “The … Continue reading
One hazard of the “speak your own truth” corner of indie film is the way the filmmaker’s story supplements or even supplants the one being told on the screen. Haitian-American writer-director Numa Perrier (“Queen Sugar”) dipped back into her own … Continue reading
Last night the Producers Guild best picture award went To “1917.” The signs, starting from the Golden Globe “upset win,” are unmistakable. Best picture favorite, quite probably best director, too. I still think “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” and its … Continue reading