Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2020
“Jumanji” FINALLY finishes a weekend ahead of “Star Wars.” It took a month, but holding audience and having legs at the box office finally bore fruit fruit for”The Next Level.” It will probably play longer into this winter than “The … Continue reading
One hazard of the “speak your own truth” corner of indie film is the way the filmmaker’s story supplements or even supplants the one being told on the screen. Haitian-American writer-director Numa Perrier (“Queen Sugar”) dipped back into her own … Continue reading
Last night the Producers Guild best picture award went To “1917.” The signs, starting from the Golden Globe “upset win,” are unmistakable. Best picture favorite, quite probably best director, too. I still think “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” and its … Continue reading