Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Moss cuts and corrodes all she surveys as "Shirley"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2020
“Jumanji” FINALLY finishes a weekend ahead of “Star Wars.” It took a month, but holding audience and having legs at the box office finally bore fruit fruit for”The Next Level.” It will probably play longer into this winter than “The … Continue reading
One hazard of the “speak your own truth” corner of indie film is the way the filmmaker’s story supplements or even supplants the one being told on the screen. Haitian-American writer-director Numa Perrier (“Queen Sugar”) dipped back into her own … Continue reading
Last night the Producers Guild best picture award went To “1917.” The signs, starting from the Golden Globe “upset win,” are unmistakable. Best picture favorite, quite probably best director, too. I still think “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” and its … Continue reading