Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 6, 2020
James Mangold is following his “Ford v Ferrari” outing with another biopic, a piece of pop culture controversy and history. When Bob Dylan plugged in and went electric. “Going Electric” is the working title. All sorts of points in Dylan’s … Continue reading
Writers Guild Nominations — more love for “1917,” kudos for “Knives Out,” “Booksmart” and as usual — NO Tarantino
So is “1917” slipping into place as the late-comer to the race that’s become the horse to beat? Two wins at the Golden Globes, now a WGA nomination for Best Original Screenplay. Heck, why didn’t all this buzz happen for … Continue reading
On the day David Bowie died, June and Edward got into a fight. She’d been a big Bowie fan since childhood, painting her face up Aladdin Sane style as a child. And now, in 2016, her partner Edward is telling … Continue reading
It’s been thirteen years since Spike Lee and screenwriter Russell Gerwitz’s clever (ish) heist thriller “Inside Man.” And from the looks of its sequel, “Inside Man: Most Wanted” the cast and crew have been sprinting every day of those past … Continue reading
God bless James Caan. The man turns 80 this year, and there was no way he was ever going “gentle into that good night,” as the poet said. He’s still working, diving into indie fare and B-movies and cheap exploitation … Continue reading
Ricky Gervais set the tone. “Fifth time…I don’t care…I’m over it.” The jokes were amusingly mean, but the entire 77th Golden Globes were more of a shrug than usual, this in spite of the fact that several genuine surprises upset … Continue reading