Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 15, 2020
If you’re any sort of film or acting buff, chances are you made up for mind about Marlon Brando a long time ago. “Flaky” or “lazy,” a “an unrepentant womanizer” or “civil rights/Native Rights poseur,” “neglectful parent.” And that’s not … Continue reading
Eddie Marsan is one of the great character actors of our time, always on the short list when you’re looking for Sherlock Holmes’ Scotland Yard foil, a psychotherapist villain for “Deadpool” to torture or just a face and voice that … Continue reading
Robert Downey Jr. decided that his version of Doctor “Dolittle” — not having to sing — would speak in a sort of gulped whisper of a Scots accent, with quiet, hoarse line readings that demand attention — or subtitles. He … Continue reading
When you start your movie with an autopsy, with the coroner listing the scars he sees covering the professional athlete’s body, you know you’re not watching “Slapshot.” When the first scenes, at home, include neglected, frozen puppies and a brother … Continue reading
This looks promising, even with that whiff of “Suicide Squad” hanging over it, even with the not-confidence-inspiring (for a “tentpole” comic book picture) release date. Warner Brothers may have figured this non Dark Knight thing comic book thing out. Darker, … Continue reading
Not “Home Alone.” That’s not the title, anyway. This bloody-minded creep fest goes VOD/streaming on Friday, Jan. 17