Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 15, 2020
If you’re any sort of film or acting buff, chances are you made up for mind about Marlon Brando a long time ago. “Flaky” or “lazy,” a “an unrepentant womanizer” or “civil rights/Native Rights poseur,” “neglectful parent.” And that’s not … Continue reading
Eddie Marsan is one of the great character actors of our time, always on the short list when you’re looking for Sherlock Holmes’ Scotland Yard foil, a psychotherapist villain for “Deadpool” to torture or just a face and voice that … Continue reading
Robert Downey Jr. decided that his version of Doctor “Dolittle” — not having to sing — would speak in a sort of gulped whisper of a Scots accent, with quiet, hoarse line readings that demand attention — or subtitles. He … Continue reading
When you start your movie with an autopsy, with the coroner listing the scars he sees covering the professional athlete’s body, you know you’re not watching “Slapshot.” When the first scenes, at home, include neglected, frozen puppies and a brother … Continue reading
This looks promising, even with that whiff of “Suicide Squad” hanging over it, even with the not-confidence-inspiring (for a “tentpole” comic book picture) release date. Warner Brothers may have figured this non Dark Knight thing comic book thing out. Darker, … Continue reading
Not “Home Alone.” That’s not the title, anyway. This bloody-minded creep fest goes VOD/streaming on Friday, Jan. 17