Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2020
Netflixable? A Brazilian preacher-mogul tells his side of the story in “Nothing to Lose” and “Nothing to Lose 2”
Foreign language films, or “international” films as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences now calls them, immerse you in a culture, and the good ones — no matter the subject, can tell you a lot about a place … Continue reading
It all seems cut and dried as far as acting awards go, doesn’t it? Same winners, show after show after show. But Best Picture seems like a three picture race, thanks to that Sscreen Actors Guild (SAG) award for best … Continue reading
Love that Terry Crews. When it comes to big, burly character actors who can credibly play tough guys, and hilarious goofs on their tough guy image, he has just two peers — Danny Trejo and Dave Bautista. Pretty good company … Continue reading