Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 17, 2020
All these years later, and Tyler Perry is still making “Diary of a Mad Black Woman.” “A Fall from Grace” is his first film made for Netflix, and it’s another female wish-fulfillment fantasy, this one with wrapped in a vengeance … Continue reading
Not nuts about the first hire on this one. Will Nice Nic Cage return? Probably. #BadBoysForLife screenwriter Chris Bremner will pen the script and Jerry Bruckheimer will return to produce the sequel to the Nicolas Cage classic. via @THR https://t.co/dyWZZ5mgIc … Continue reading
An interesting premise, a fascinating milieu and a grabby, “Blair Witchy” finale are the big pluses of “Deadcon,” a “trapped in an ancient chatroom” thriller that doesn’t frighten much — until it counts. Lauren Elizabeth, Claudia Sulewski, Keith Machekanyanga and … Continue reading
Happy 98th Birthday to the one and only Betty White. Love that Ryan. Love that Sandy, too.
So “Underwater” was the final 20th Century Fox film? The studio created by the merger of 20th Century and William Fox’s operation at the birth of the Golden Age of Hollywood is no more. Rupert Murdoch has tainted the “Fox” … Continue reading
Sony was lowballing its expectations for “Bad Boys for Life,” counting on a $38 million opening weekend. Variety was underguessing. Box Office Mojo, all of them/us. That damned thing blew the f-up last night (just getting in the spirit … Continue reading
Everybody’s picture of “The Ideal Indie Film” is different, but here’s mine. It’s got to have a human story, preferably about humans and human activity (professions) Hollywood doesn’t make movies about. It should be witty. Crackling dialogue adds nothing to … Continue reading
Pietro Marcello’s lush working class take on the Jack London novel has been reset in Naples. It comes to America April 17.