Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 17, 2020
All these years later, and Tyler Perry is still making “Diary of a Mad Black Woman.” “A Fall from Grace” is his first film made for Netflix, and it’s another female wish-fulfillment fantasy, this one with wrapped in a vengeance … Continue reading
Not nuts about the first hire on this one. Will Nice Nic Cage return? Probably. #BadBoysForLife screenwriter Chris Bremner will pen the script and Jerry Bruckheimer will return to produce the sequel to the Nicolas Cage classic. via @THR https://t.co/dyWZZ5mgIc … Continue reading
An interesting premise, a fascinating milieu and a grabby, “Blair Witchy” finale are the big pluses of “Deadcon,” a “trapped in an ancient chatroom” thriller that doesn’t frighten much — until it counts. Lauren Elizabeth, Claudia Sulewski, Keith Machekanyanga and … Continue reading
Happy 98th Birthday to the one and only Betty White. Love that Ryan. Love that Sandy, too.
So “Underwater” was the final 20th Century Fox film? The studio created by the merger of 20th Century and William Fox’s operation at the birth of the Golden Age of Hollywood is no more. Rupert Murdoch has tainted the “Fox” … Continue reading
Sony was lowballing its expectations for “Bad Boys for Life,” counting on a $38 million opening weekend. Variety was underguessing. Box Office Mojo, all of them/us. That damned thing blew the f-up last night (just getting in the spirit … Continue reading
Everybody’s picture of “The Ideal Indie Film” is different, but here’s mine. It’s got to have a human story, preferably about humans and human activity (professions) Hollywood doesn’t make movies about. It should be witty. Crackling dialogue adds nothing to … Continue reading
Pietro Marcello’s lush working class take on the Jack London novel has been reset in Naples. It comes to America April 17.