Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2020
The role-playing action/fantasy video game “NiNoKuni” earns an amusingly nonsensical screen “origin story,” thanks to Netflix. It’s faithful enough to the game — one supposes — to merit the interest of fans, and as it was directed by a “Spirited … Continue reading
A gritty, needy fever dream of New York “fame” comes our way Feb. 21.
“Airplane Mode” is a shiny little rom-com bauble from Brazil that strains and strains to find a laugh. It’s about cell phone addicts, “influencers,” fashion, family and finding love where the pace of life is a lot slower than in … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Gentlemen” have little chance against “Bad Boys,” will anybody turn out for “The Turning?”
Reviews for Guy Ritchie’s “The Gentlemen” have been on a par with “Bad Boys for Life.” It stars Oscar winner Matthew McConoughey, Hugh Grant, Michelle Dockery, Henry Golding, Colin Farrell and Charlie Hunnam — none of whom have the box … Continue reading
The Best International Feature Film Oscar, formerly titled “Best Foreign Language Film,” is going to Korea’s “Parasite” this year. Bong Joon Ho’s social satire is the closest this thing year’s Academy Awards have to a sure thing. But Poland’s entry … Continue reading