Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2020
The role-playing action/fantasy video game “NiNoKuni” earns an amusingly nonsensical screen “origin story,” thanks to Netflix. It’s faithful enough to the game — one supposes — to merit the interest of fans, and as it was directed by a “Spirited … Continue reading
A gritty, needy fever dream of New York “fame” comes our way Feb. 21.
“Airplane Mode” is a shiny little rom-com bauble from Brazil that strains and strains to find a laugh. It’s about cell phone addicts, “influencers,” fashion, family and finding love where the pace of life is a lot slower than in … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Gentlemen” have little chance against “Bad Boys,” will anybody turn out for “The Turning?”
Reviews for Guy Ritchie’s “The Gentlemen” have been on a par with “Bad Boys for Life.” It stars Oscar winner Matthew McConoughey, Hugh Grant, Michelle Dockery, Henry Golding, Colin Farrell and Charlie Hunnam — none of whom have the box … Continue reading
The Best International Feature Film Oscar, formerly titled “Best Foreign Language Film,” is going to Korea’s “Parasite” this year. Bong Joon Ho’s social satire is the closest this thing year’s Academy Awards have to a sure thing. But Poland’s entry … Continue reading