Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: "Medium Cool" paranoia for the Internet Age -- "American Thief"
- Netflixable? James, Thomas, Hammer and Dowd make a new "Rebecca"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2019
“Rocketman” is a proper musical, with lots of tunes, big production numbers and the actors doing their own singing. As the songs are from the extensive, radio-dominating Elton John songbook, there are scores of them most of us know by … Continue reading
Nicole Kidman, Sarah Paulson and Ansel Elgort star in this uplifting or disturbing drama about a lost boy. Looks fascinating, though I can’t get a handle on what they’re going for. MOT a bad trait for a trailer to have
‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Wins Top Prize at Golden Trailer Awards https://t.co/9KPMgntH0o https://t.co/l0HesC44w9 https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1133992956220678144?s=17
Tweet from Cool Hand Luke Evans… “Last night in Bolton, we got to surprise this incredible man for his 80th birthday. A magical night, full of laughter, tears and a bit of singing too! Happy birthday to you @ianmckellen You … Continue reading
Here’s an intriguing spin on the whole “found footage” mockumentary genre, a thriller built around a documentary filmmaker’s misadventures with online “cam girls.” As depicted in “Use Me,” these are dominatrixes who make money off humbling, using and humiliating men … Continue reading
A lot of love out of Cannes for this one, decent enough reviews aside from those who got caught up in the Eltonmania over there. Tonight, we see for ourselves, right? Not a huge fan of Taron Egerton, but he … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” was close, but not canonical “Drunk History” in feature film form. Deadline.com says the producers/creators are talking about having a go at making a movie themselves. https://t.co/a7c4TZUDiN https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1133816548777316352?s=17
With Europe and America flirting with fascism in ways we haven’t seen since the McCarthy Era, here’s a sour and generally unsatisfying parable set in the Spanish Civil War to remind us of how these things go down and how … Continue reading
Oscar winner Octavia Spencer brings it, and how, in “Ma,” a real world horror tale blessed with a top-drawer cast and a grimly satisfying third act. But you know that if you’ve seen the trailers. Two Academy Award winners, plus … Continue reading
Interesting analysis of the changing economics of blockbusters and the shifting calendar of the comic book movie era. https://www.thewrap.com/why-the-memorial-day-box-office-isnt-what-it-used-to-be/