Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2019
We’re still in Kansas, Dorothy. But with “Brightburn,” we’re not in Smallville any more. It’s a twisted take on the “Superman” origin myth, an alien baby adopted by humans in rural America, raised on “wholesome rural values,” and yet when … Continue reading
It’s a widely embraced truism that it’s a bloody miracle any of us who grew up in the ’70s got out alive. It was as true Down Under as it was here in the Northern Hemisphere. It wasn’t just the … Continue reading
Disney’s had very good luck with its live action (plus loads of CGI) remakes of classic cartoons. “Aladdin” should continue the box office domination of “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Jungle Book” and “Cinderella” and “Dumbo,” with little … Continue reading
SOMEbody got off cheap. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48393721
If you’ve wondered how this feel good musical crossed that most difficult financial bridge, as I have, Billboard has the answer. https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8512779/danny-boyle-yesterday-the-beatles-interview