Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2019
We’re still in Kansas, Dorothy. But with “Brightburn,” we’re not in Smallville any more. It’s a twisted take on the “Superman” origin myth, an alien baby adopted by humans in rural America, raised on “wholesome rural values,” and yet when … Continue reading
It’s a widely embraced truism that it’s a bloody miracle any of us who grew up in the ’70s got out alive. It was as true Down Under as it was here in the Northern Hemisphere. It wasn’t just the … Continue reading
Disney’s had very good luck with its live action (plus loads of CGI) remakes of classic cartoons. “Aladdin” should continue the box office domination of “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Jungle Book” and “Cinderella” and “Dumbo,” with little … Continue reading
SOMEbody got off cheap. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48393721
If you’ve wondered how this feel good musical crossed that most difficult financial bridge, as I have, Billboard has the answer. https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8512779/danny-boyle-yesterday-the-beatles-interview