Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Trapped in a chat room haunting "Deadcon"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2019
Preview, Not sure if and when it’ll ever play here, but here’s the trailer to Woody Allen’s “A Rainy Day in New York”
Make your own “Forget the child molesting charges, this is the REAL crime” jokes. Because I’m too good for that. Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how’d you like the play? This looks…excruciating. Somebody make him stop.
Preview, “Maleficent 2” or “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”still has Jolie, this time scaring poor Elle Fanning
Angelina Jolie doesn’t work enough, hasn’t kept up her career, and playing the Witch to End all Witches seems to be the highest profile gig, one big payday she cannot turn down. Michelle Pfeiffer, Elle F., Juno Temple, Sam Reilly … Continue reading
The “actual” box office take isn’t finalized until Monday early afternoon. But right now, that sequel to the “cult hit” “John Wick,” which brought Keanu back from the indie film dead, is said to have cleared $57 million. A proven … Continue reading
It began with a twang, a twelve string guitar Greenwich Village folkie Roger McGuinn heard George Harrison play. Something about the harmony of paired strings inspired close harmony singing, and “Folk rock” was born, thanks to The Byrds. And from … Continue reading