Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2019
Preview, Not sure if and when it’ll ever play here, but here’s the trailer to Woody Allen’s “A Rainy Day in New York”
Make your own “Forget the child molesting charges, this is the REAL crime” jokes. Because I’m too good for that. Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how’d you like the play? This looks…excruciating. Somebody make him stop.
Preview, “Maleficent 2” or “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”still has Jolie, this time scaring poor Elle Fanning
Angelina Jolie doesn’t work enough, hasn’t kept up her career, and playing the Witch to End all Witches seems to be the highest profile gig, one big payday she cannot turn down. Michelle Pfeiffer, Elle F., Juno Temple, Sam Reilly … Continue reading
The “actual” box office take isn’t finalized until Monday early afternoon. But right now, that sequel to the “cult hit” “John Wick,” which brought Keanu back from the indie film dead, is said to have cleared $57 million. A proven … Continue reading
It began with a twang, a twelve string guitar Greenwich Village folkie Roger McGuinn heard George Harrison play. Something about the harmony of paired strings inspired close harmony singing, and “Folk rock” was born, thanks to The Byrds. And from … Continue reading