Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2019
Preview, Not sure if and when it’ll ever play here, but here’s the trailer to Woody Allen’s “A Rainy Day in New York”
Make your own “Forget the child molesting charges, this is the REAL crime” jokes. Because I’m too good for that. Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how’d you like the play? This looks…excruciating. Somebody make him stop.
Preview, “Maleficent 2” or “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”still has Jolie, this time scaring poor Elle Fanning
Angelina Jolie doesn’t work enough, hasn’t kept up her career, and playing the Witch to End all Witches seems to be the highest profile gig, one big payday she cannot turn down. Michelle Pfeiffer, Elle F., Juno Temple, Sam Reilly … Continue reading
The “actual” box office take isn’t finalized until Monday early afternoon. But right now, that sequel to the “cult hit” “John Wick,” which brought Keanu back from the indie film dead, is said to have cleared $57 million. A proven … Continue reading
It began with a twang, a twelve string guitar Greenwich Village folkie Roger McGuinn heard George Harrison play. Something about the harmony of paired strings inspired close harmony singing, and “Folk rock” was born, thanks to The Byrds. And from … Continue reading