Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2019
The warning signs were in plain sight. Sailors were bartering to pay for necessities, including the booze for a shipmates’ wedding, because Mother Russia wasn’t meeting payroll. Maintenance had fallen by the board, and not just on ships mothballed because … Continue reading
This one sounded fishy from the outset. https://www.thewrap.com/geoffrey-rush-awarded-1-9-million-in-metoo-defamation-case/
“In the Aisles” is a lovely German elegy to the nobility of work and the family we create while working. It’s a quiet, insightful idyll set in the world of modern retail, seen from the ground level — literally. Perhaps … Continue reading
Good to see Linda Hamilton back in this series, which I lost interest in several “Terminators” ago. But this has the right tone, at least. Maybe.
I always give myself a High Five if I spell his name right on the first try. Ex-ballplayer turned ex-con returns to his old stomping grounds on getting out. Pair up the married couple, throw in Burt Young and Michael … Continue reading