Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2019
The warning signs were in plain sight. Sailors were bartering to pay for necessities, including the booze for a shipmates’ wedding, because Mother Russia wasn’t meeting payroll. Maintenance had fallen by the board, and not just on ships mothballed because … Continue reading
This one sounded fishy from the outset. https://www.thewrap.com/geoffrey-rush-awarded-1-9-million-in-metoo-defamation-case/
“In the Aisles” is a lovely German elegy to the nobility of work and the family we create while working. It’s a quiet, insightful idyll set in the world of modern retail, seen from the ground level — literally. Perhaps … Continue reading
Good to see Linda Hamilton back in this series, which I lost interest in several “Terminators” ago. But this has the right tone, at least. Maybe.
I always give myself a High Five if I spell his name right on the first try. Ex-ballplayer turned ex-con returns to his old stomping grounds on getting out. Pair up the married couple, throw in Burt Young and Michael … Continue reading