Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2019
The warning signs were in plain sight. Sailors were bartering to pay for necessities, including the booze for a shipmates’ wedding, because Mother Russia wasn’t meeting payroll. Maintenance had fallen by the board, and not just on ships mothballed because … Continue reading
This one sounded fishy from the outset. https://www.thewrap.com/geoffrey-rush-awarded-1-9-million-in-metoo-defamation-case/
“In the Aisles” is a lovely German elegy to the nobility of work and the family we create while working. It’s a quiet, insightful idyll set in the world of modern retail, seen from the ground level — literally. Perhaps … Continue reading
Good to see Linda Hamilton back in this series, which I lost interest in several “Terminators” ago. But this has the right tone, at least. Maybe.
I always give myself a High Five if I spell his name right on the first try. Ex-ballplayer turned ex-con returns to his old stomping grounds on getting out. Pair up the married couple, throw in Burt Young and Michael … Continue reading