Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2019
The warning signs were in plain sight. Sailors were bartering to pay for necessities, including the booze for a shipmates’ wedding, because Mother Russia wasn’t meeting payroll. Maintenance had fallen by the board, and not just on ships mothballed because … Continue reading
This one sounded fishy from the outset. https://www.thewrap.com/geoffrey-rush-awarded-1-9-million-in-metoo-defamation-case/
“In the Aisles” is a lovely German elegy to the nobility of work and the family we create while working. It’s a quiet, insightful idyll set in the world of modern retail, seen from the ground level — literally. Perhaps … Continue reading
Good to see Linda Hamilton back in this series, which I lost interest in several “Terminators” ago. But this has the right tone, at least. Maybe.
I always give myself a High Five if I spell his name right on the first try. Ex-ballplayer turned ex-con returns to his old stomping grounds on getting out. Pair up the married couple, throw in Burt Young and Michael … Continue reading