Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2019
The works of Luis Barragán, Mexico’s most famous architect, are austere, clean, linear and angular; blank, windowless walls or towering obelisks, brightly painted with stucco textures, water and trees strategically placed within the viewer’s aspect, even when standing in a … Continue reading
Cities that go too long without championships become the stuff of legend — endless punchlines to the rest of the sporting universe. Boston, Cleveland, Chicago and Detroit all endured mythic losing streaks in this sport or that one. How Detroit’s … Continue reading
Bruce Beresford’s latest is an Aussie tale going straight to digital May 21. “Ladies in Black” earned theatrical release down under.
BOX OFFICE: “Endgame” fails to unseat “Force Awakens” 2nd weekend record, “Intruder” is edging “Longshot” and “UglyDolls”
It’s a three hour long movie, and after that epic opening weekend, there was really nowhere to go but down. So as “Avengers: Endgame” races towards the $2 billion mark globally ($1.78 and counting), let’s not make too big a … Continue reading
I called this the minute the lights came up on a packed Mon night preview I attended. Stupid movie, but it plays. It did better Thursday night and better Friday than “Long Shot.” That looks like a win. Or second … Continue reading