Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2019
The works of Luis Barragán, Mexico’s most famous architect, are austere, clean, linear and angular; blank, windowless walls or towering obelisks, brightly painted with stucco textures, water and trees strategically placed within the viewer’s aspect, even when standing in a … Continue reading
Cities that go too long without championships become the stuff of legend — endless punchlines to the rest of the sporting universe. Boston, Cleveland, Chicago and Detroit all endured mythic losing streaks in this sport or that one. How Detroit’s … Continue reading
Bruce Beresford’s latest is an Aussie tale going straight to digital May 21. “Ladies in Black” earned theatrical release down under.
BOX OFFICE: “Endgame” fails to unseat “Force Awakens” 2nd weekend record, “Intruder” is edging “Longshot” and “UglyDolls”
It’s a three hour long movie, and after that epic opening weekend, there was really nowhere to go but down. So as “Avengers: Endgame” races towards the $2 billion mark globally ($1.78 and counting), let’s not make too big a … Continue reading
I called this the minute the lights came up on a packed Mon night preview I attended. Stupid movie, but it plays. It did better Thursday night and better Friday than “Long Shot.” That looks like a win. Or second … Continue reading