Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2019
The works of Luis Barragán, Mexico’s most famous architect, are austere, clean, linear and angular; blank, windowless walls or towering obelisks, brightly painted with stucco textures, water and trees strategically placed within the viewer’s aspect, even when standing in a … Continue reading
Cities that go too long without championships become the stuff of legend — endless punchlines to the rest of the sporting universe. Boston, Cleveland, Chicago and Detroit all endured mythic losing streaks in this sport or that one. How Detroit’s … Continue reading
Bruce Beresford’s latest is an Aussie tale going straight to digital May 21. “Ladies in Black” earned theatrical release down under.
BOX OFFICE: “Endgame” fails to unseat “Force Awakens” 2nd weekend record, “Intruder” is edging “Longshot” and “UglyDolls”
It’s a three hour long movie, and after that epic opening weekend, there was really nowhere to go but down. So as “Avengers: Endgame” races towards the $2 billion mark globally ($1.78 and counting), let’s not make too big a … Continue reading
I called this the minute the lights came up on a packed Mon night preview I attended. Stupid movie, but it plays. It did better Thursday night and better Friday than “Long Shot.” That looks like a win. Or second … Continue reading