Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2019
There isn’t a whole lot to “A Violent Separation,” a B-movie that reaches for “thriller” and never quite shakes “melodrama” in the process. But it has tension and mild suspense built into its bones, and a topicality that you wonder … Continue reading
This one-day romance, with an anti-“wall” American melting pot subtext, opens Friday. Looks sweet. Or bittersweet. Depending on how it breaks. “The Sun is Also a Star” opens Thursday night.
“The White Crow” is director Ralph Fiennes and screenwriter David Hare‘s stately and stolid screen biography of the great Soviet ballet dancer Rudolph Nureyev, zeroing in on events that led to his defection to the West in 1961. It captures … Continue reading
This is an interesting tour, and I guess Cusack is of an age when it is appropriate. Show one of your best films, do a q & a afterwards, a victory lap for a beloved actor interacting with his fans. … Continue reading
He should be collecting these on a weekly basis. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/werner-herzog-receive-lifetime-honor-european-film-academy-1209983
Weirdest trailer I have posted this year, and may it remain the weirdest all the way through Dec. 31. C’mon. Who’s afraid of clowns?