Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
- Movie Review: Big names don't quite rescue "Mothers and Daughters"
- Netflixable? "The Lift Boy" is stuck on the (sentimental) ground floor
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2019
There isn’t a whole lot to “A Violent Separation,” a B-movie that reaches for “thriller” and never quite shakes “melodrama” in the process. But it has tension and mild suspense built into its bones, and a topicality that you wonder … Continue reading
This one-day romance, with an anti-“wall” American melting pot subtext, opens Friday. Looks sweet. Or bittersweet. Depending on how it breaks. “The Sun is Also a Star” opens Thursday night.
“The White Crow” is director Ralph Fiennes and screenwriter David Hare‘s stately and stolid screen biography of the great Soviet ballet dancer Rudolph Nureyev, zeroing in on events that led to his defection to the West in 1961. It captures … Continue reading
This is an interesting tour, and I guess Cusack is of an age when it is appropriate. Show one of your best films, do a q & a afterwards, a victory lap for a beloved actor interacting with his fans. … Continue reading
He should be collecting these on a weekly basis. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/werner-herzog-receive-lifetime-honor-european-film-academy-1209983
Weirdest trailer I have posted this year, and may it remain the weirdest all the way through Dec. 31. C’mon. Who’s afraid of clowns?