Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2019
It’s all just man/boy sex with peaches to some folks. https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/114916965.html
Some days — or nights — present you with a dilemma. Tonight, for instance, Warners’ “Godzilla” with Millie Bobby et al is previewing. But so is Universal’s “Ma.” Two studios who like to camp their films on the Tuesday night … Continue reading
She didn’t want to have her picture taken next to the Gateway to India monument like a tourist or pilgrim to Mumbai. But something about his pitch, about how she’d “look back, see the sun on your face” and have … Continue reading
Late getting to this Amazon Studios release, as Amazon is something of the “Witness Protection Program” among film distributors. And they’re not alone. A “here’s today in a photograph” romance — strangers who take on something like a relationship thanks … Continue reading
Traditionally, and by long-established cultural cliche, it’s cats that “little old ladies” hoard. Or dogs. But it can be pigs. And in extreme, but seemingly more readily “diagnosed” cases, it can be tigers — large cats kept, by and large … Continue reading
The actual tally was $112.7. Big news. Bigger news? The busts that “Booksmart” and “Brightburn” turned out to be. “Brightburn” was critically dismissed and only managed $9.5. “Booksmart” earned effusive praise from critics, but under $9 million from paying patrons. … Continue reading
An overnight shift in professions, outmoded or newly in demand, the power of agents and the simple metrics of what constitutes cinematic success is about to roil Hollywood, on top of the changes already on progress. https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/hollywood-changing-fast-can-film-industry-lifers-change-too-1202145060/