Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2019
It’s all just man/boy sex with peaches to some folks. https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/114916965.html
Some days — or nights — present you with a dilemma. Tonight, for instance, Warners’ “Godzilla” with Millie Bobby et al is previewing. But so is Universal’s “Ma.” Two studios who like to camp their films on the Tuesday night … Continue reading
She didn’t want to have her picture taken next to the Gateway to India monument like a tourist or pilgrim to Mumbai. But something about his pitch, about how she’d “look back, see the sun on your face” and have … Continue reading
Late getting to this Amazon Studios release, as Amazon is something of the “Witness Protection Program” among film distributors. And they’re not alone. A “here’s today in a photograph” romance — strangers who take on something like a relationship thanks … Continue reading
Traditionally, and by long-established cultural cliche, it’s cats that “little old ladies” hoard. Or dogs. But it can be pigs. And in extreme, but seemingly more readily “diagnosed” cases, it can be tigers — large cats kept, by and large … Continue reading
The actual tally was $112.7. Big news. Bigger news? The busts that “Booksmart” and “Brightburn” turned out to be. “Brightburn” was critically dismissed and only managed $9.5. “Booksmart” earned effusive praise from critics, but under $9 million from paying patrons. … Continue reading
An overnight shift in professions, outmoded or newly in demand, the power of agents and the simple metrics of what constitutes cinematic success is about to roil Hollywood, on top of the changes already on progress. https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/hollywood-changing-fast-can-film-industry-lifers-change-too-1202145060/