Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: A German POW, a romance and football -- "The Keeper"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 31, 2019
It is to weep. At the insanity of it all — the excess, the staggering amounts of cash, the cynical actors all collecting a paycheck even though they could see the script was crap and knew a very profitable movie … Continue reading
The battle for gay civil rights in the United States really began when those rights were abruptly taken away in the 1950s. President Dwight Eisenhower presided over a sweeping purge of homosexuals in the Federal government, which opened the floodgates … Continue reading
“Wonders of the Sea” is an undersea “Isn’t nature amazing?” documentary that manages to find new sights to dazzle us, decades and decades after Jacques Cousteau introduced us to “The Undersea World.” Narrator Arnold Schwarzenegger calls this film, co-directed by … Continue reading
Not blown away. Yet. I mean, c’mon. It’s elves. Smurfs by any other name? March of 2020, “Onward” opens and we find out.
Two of the three may be known for comedy, but put them in ’70s togs and give them a little New Yawk drug-trade dialogue, and these three just might own the streets. Looks promising. Looks like a fall thriller, which … Continue reading
For all the years-long Internet hype around “Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” largely due to the inclusion of fanboy/girl heroine Millie Bobby Brown, the umpteenth version/incarnation/reboot in Kaiju creature features about the avenging post-Atomic dinosaur isn’t going to be anybody’s … Continue reading
Interesting experiment, but casting younger versions of these screen icons isn’t impossible and is probably still the best way to do a movie like this. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/irishman-martin-scorsese-netflix-release-date-robert-de-niro-al-pacino-a8936116.html?amp