Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: An elegy to age, rural post offices and community -- "Colewell"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2019
Not a big name in the cast, but that effect is pretty chilling. “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” grafted onto every alien bugs biting people picture. Later this summer, we should see “Assimilate.”
Travolta’s an ex-baller/private eye in this neo noir, coming to theaters and VOD May 24. Good to see Famke Janssen and Brendan Fraser getting into films again.
The strain of achieving “twee” shows in far too many scenes and moments in the arrested development/coming of aged dramedy “Peel.” It may offer Emile Hirsch a chance to recreate his tweens even though he’s in his mid-30s. But there … Continue reading
When we talk of “pace” in a movie review, it doesn’t just mean the speed at which the story unfolds. It refers to energy in the performances, narrative drive, “urgency” in the way what we’re watching grabs us and pulls … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will “Endgame” break the “Best Second Weekend Ever” record? Does “Long Shot” have a shot? Is there love for “UglyDolls?”
Way back in ancient times, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” set the opening weekend and second weekend box office records which generations — Ok, not generations — have held to be dear and unbreakable. With “Avengers: Endgame” wiping out the … Continue reading