Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2019
Not a big name in the cast, but that effect is pretty chilling. “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” grafted onto every alien bugs biting people picture. Later this summer, we should see “Assimilate.”
Travolta’s an ex-baller/private eye in this neo noir, coming to theaters and VOD May 24. Good to see Famke Janssen and Brendan Fraser getting into films again.
The strain of achieving “twee” shows in far too many scenes and moments in the arrested development/coming of aged dramedy “Peel.” It may offer Emile Hirsch a chance to recreate his tweens even though he’s in his mid-30s. But there … Continue reading
When we talk of “pace” in a movie review, it doesn’t just mean the speed at which the story unfolds. It refers to energy in the performances, narrative drive, “urgency” in the way what we’re watching grabs us and pulls … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will “Endgame” break the “Best Second Weekend Ever” record? Does “Long Shot” have a shot? Is there love for “UglyDolls?”
Way back in ancient times, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” set the opening weekend and second weekend box office records which generations — Ok, not generations — have held to be dear and unbreakable. With “Avengers: Endgame” wiping out the … Continue reading