Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2019
Not a big name in the cast, but that effect is pretty chilling. “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” grafted onto every alien bugs biting people picture. Later this summer, we should see “Assimilate.”
Travolta’s an ex-baller/private eye in this neo noir, coming to theaters and VOD May 24. Good to see Famke Janssen and Brendan Fraser getting into films again.
The strain of achieving “twee” shows in far too many scenes and moments in the arrested development/coming of aged dramedy “Peel.” It may offer Emile Hirsch a chance to recreate his tweens even though he’s in his mid-30s. But there … Continue reading
When we talk of “pace” in a movie review, it doesn’t just mean the speed at which the story unfolds. It refers to energy in the performances, narrative drive, “urgency” in the way what we’re watching grabs us and pulls … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will “Endgame” break the “Best Second Weekend Ever” record? Does “Long Shot” have a shot? Is there love for “UglyDolls?”
Way back in ancient times, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” set the opening weekend and second weekend box office records which generations — Ok, not generations — have held to be dear and unbreakable. With “Avengers: Endgame” wiping out the … Continue reading