Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2019
Not a big name in the cast, but that effect is pretty chilling. “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” grafted onto every alien bugs biting people picture. Later this summer, we should see “Assimilate.”
Travolta’s an ex-baller/private eye in this neo noir, coming to theaters and VOD May 24. Good to see Famke Janssen and Brendan Fraser getting into films again.
The strain of achieving “twee” shows in far too many scenes and moments in the arrested development/coming of aged dramedy “Peel.” It may offer Emile Hirsch a chance to recreate his tweens even though he’s in his mid-30s. But there … Continue reading
When we talk of “pace” in a movie review, it doesn’t just mean the speed at which the story unfolds. It refers to energy in the performances, narrative drive, “urgency” in the way what we’re watching grabs us and pulls … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will “Endgame” break the “Best Second Weekend Ever” record? Does “Long Shot” have a shot? Is there love for “UglyDolls?”
Way back in ancient times, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” set the opening weekend and second weekend box office records which generations — Ok, not generations — have held to be dear and unbreakable. With “Avengers: Endgame” wiping out the … Continue reading