Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading