Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading