Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading