Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading