Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading