Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2019
It’s no great surprise that the great Australian director Bruce Beresford wrings every ounce of sweet out of “Ladies in Black,” an upbeat Down Under tale of women who work in a prestigious department store back when there were such … Continue reading
Charm and wit count for a lot in romantic comedies, and they compensate for the many sins of “Funny Story.” It’s a darkly funny “romance,” but only in the broadest terms. The film covers familiar ground, and not just in … Continue reading
Director Olivia Wilde and a quartet of screenwriters don’t reinvent the teen party/sex comedy with “Booksmart.” They don’t deviate from the “stations of the cross” of such comedies, established for generations with “Sixteen Candles,” “House Party,” “Can’t Hardly Wait,” “American … Continue reading