Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2019
No really, I need to know. This Friday comic release is being screened late. Not that this means anything.
For going on forty years, Dr. Ruth K. Westheimer has done all she can to see to it that we never forget how adorable she is. A TV chat show mainstay since the cusp of the ’80s, appearances in movies, … Continue reading
Truthfully, the first name that leapt out at me in the cast of this July 12 release is Ellar Coltrane, whose “Boyhood” Richard Linklater put on film. A little summer romance on a “Summer Night?” Could be a good thing. … Continue reading
“Inoffensive” isn’t the highest of praise you can heap upon a prison drama. But the faith-based biography “The Meanest Man in Texas” certainly qualifies. So let’s start from there and see where it takes us. It’s a period piece about … Continue reading
There’s a catch. And yes, it’s funnier than the movie. https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/evil-marketing-genius-ryan-reynolds-leaked-100-mesmerizing-minutes-of-detective-pikachu/
If the shark, depravity and rumored illegality is left out because the group doesn’t want to comment, what is the point? “Official” as in “band approved and sanctioned?” What is the point?
Proof that the makers of “Tolkien” probably chose the wrong parts of his story to emphasize comes the moment Derek Jacobi pops up on the screen. He’s the philologist Joseph Wright who gave the obscure and ancient languages buff J.R.R.Tolkien … Continue reading
“Rainy Day in New York” had better be good. Because Woody Allen will probably never make and release another film. His legacy has been tarred with child sexual abuse allegations, and whether you believe the victim or wonder if this … Continue reading