Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2019
No really, I need to know. This Friday comic release is being screened late. Not that this means anything.
For going on forty years, Dr. Ruth K. Westheimer has done all she can to see to it that we never forget how adorable she is. A TV chat show mainstay since the cusp of the ’80s, appearances in movies, … Continue reading
Truthfully, the first name that leapt out at me in the cast of this July 12 release is Ellar Coltrane, whose “Boyhood” Richard Linklater put on film. A little summer romance on a “Summer Night?” Could be a good thing. … Continue reading
“Inoffensive” isn’t the highest of praise you can heap upon a prison drama. But the faith-based biography “The Meanest Man in Texas” certainly qualifies. So let’s start from there and see where it takes us. It’s a period piece about … Continue reading
There’s a catch. And yes, it’s funnier than the movie. https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/evil-marketing-genius-ryan-reynolds-leaked-100-mesmerizing-minutes-of-detective-pikachu/
If the shark, depravity and rumored illegality is left out because the group doesn’t want to comment, what is the point? “Official” as in “band approved and sanctioned?” What is the point?
Proof that the makers of “Tolkien” probably chose the wrong parts of his story to emphasize comes the moment Derek Jacobi pops up on the screen. He’s the philologist Joseph Wright who gave the obscure and ancient languages buff J.R.R.Tolkien … Continue reading
“Rainy Day in New York” had better be good. Because Woody Allen will probably never make and release another film. His legacy has been tarred with child sexual abuse allegations, and whether you believe the victim or wonder if this … Continue reading