Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2019
You saw “The Catcher was a Spy,” right? Maybe it was just me. Read the book it was based on? Not just me, but he does seem to be one of those figures whose story attracts a lot of biographers … Continue reading
Variety has been calling this second weekend of the “last” movie in the Super Friends, erm “Avengers” franchise a $145 million mover and shaker. And this Sunday projection mysteriously matches that “Estimate.” But how far will it be off when … Continue reading
It’s set in Portland, and what’s more indie than “Portlandia?” It’s about tween sisters, one of whom is obsessed with horror movies and is filming one of her own. Indie movies are often about indie filmmakers making indie movies. Because. … Continue reading