Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2019
You saw “The Catcher was a Spy,” right? Maybe it was just me. Read the book it was based on? Not just me, but he does seem to be one of those figures whose story attracts a lot of biographers … Continue reading
Variety has been calling this second weekend of the “last” movie in the Super Friends, erm “Avengers” franchise a $145 million mover and shaker. And this Sunday projection mysteriously matches that “Estimate.” But how far will it be off when … Continue reading
It’s set in Portland, and what’s more indie than “Portlandia?” It’s about tween sisters, one of whom is obsessed with horror movies and is filming one of her own. Indie movies are often about indie filmmakers making indie movies. Because. … Continue reading