Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2019
This past couple of weeks’ press events and production stills of Daniel Craig getting back into the James Bond saddle for location shots have gotten me thinking about the long history of the franchise and why the 25th … Continue reading
Movie Theater Traumatizes Children by Accidentally Playing ‘La Llorona’ Instead of ‘Detective Pikachu’
Roadside Attractions has this June 14 release, with Sienna Miller playing a mother of two struggling to carry on after one of her children goes missing. Aaron Paul and Christina Hendricks also star in “American Woman,” not to be confused … Continue reading
A point I have made here from time to time, if your movie isn’t on IMDb or Rottentomatoes or Metacritic, it does not exist. Here is one with Ed Harris and Jason Isaac and Stephen Root and others, a remake … Continue reading
RIP Alvin Sargent — 2 time Oscar-Winning Screenwriter Who Also Penned Three ‘Spider-Man’ Films Was 92
Alvin Sargent wrote the most emotional, best-directed, best-acted “Spider-Man” movies — the three with Toby and Kirsten. https://deadline.com/2019/05/alvin-sargent-dead-oscar-winner-ordinary-people-julia-1202612437/
Working in a thriller with Jessica Alba. Not exactly prestige picture material, but there you go. Not everybody gets an Oscar Bounce. Assassins have their own support group, and Suki Waterhouse, Tim McInerny, Oldman and Alba and Sadie Frost are … Continue reading
The bigger question, “Wait, Film Arcade is still in business, “releasing” movies? “Being Frank” is about Dad’s “other” family, features Samantha Mathis and Logan Miller, and opens June 14.
A very good Thursday night/Friday gave “Detective Pikachu” a narrow win on the opening night of the Mother’s Day weekend at the box office — $20 million to “Avengers: Endgame’s” $18, according to Deadline.com. “Endgame” is still projected to win … Continue reading
It’s not necessarily for you. Maybe it’s not “the perfect movie” to take Mom to for Mother’s Day Unless you want her to write you out of the will. But if Mom is a grandmom? Well, darling, “Poms” could … Continue reading
Rene Zellweger frees herself from Hollywood jail with this one. That’s the storyline for this Judy just before she died biopic, due out in July. Dazzling.