Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2019
An LA Times piece that may be self serving –LA hates “runaway production,” ie any film or TV production not filmed in LA — bit also prescient. Think of what happened in “bathroom bill” states. “Dear Hollywood:” writes @marymacTV “By … Continue reading
It’s a word invented by fanboys, with fangirls eventually getting on board its use, overuse and abuse. “Spoilers” and “spoiler alert” are applied so broadly that the words, which had no real value to begin with, have become utterly meaningless. … Continue reading
Now that “Avengers: Endgame” is rolling into its third weekend, will its box office dominance begin to fade? Hell, I’ve already forgotten much of its generally forgettable three hours. Repeat business has thinned out and most of those inclined to … Continue reading
Well, here it is, a first look at the second installment of the screen version of Stephen King’s “It.” What do we think?