Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2019
The closing credits of the death row drama “Trial by Fire” show then-Texas Governor Rick Perry defending his state’s enthusiastic application of the death penalty during a presidential debate, to the loud applause of the G.O.P. audience for that forum. … Continue reading
Here we go, QT exiting directing with a bang?
I cannot tell what this is going to be like from the trailers. It could go either way. Could be “Dumbo,” could be “Beauty and the Beast” in the real of love action Disney remakes. Or “Jungle Book,” which was … Continue reading
The set up is as old as Hemingway’s “To Have and Have.” A tropical island fisherman, down on his luck, turns to a more desperate use for his boat. “Cargo” is a human trafficking melodrama set in the Bahamas, with … Continue reading
Yup, a near $60 million opening for the third film in the franchise, not the best movie of the three, and the green light is lit. The brand is the thing, and Keanu and John Wick are a bramd growing … Continue reading
Focus Features has this on deck for fall, Sept. 20 to be exact. Everybody who is anybody in the series (pretty much) is here. Will “Downton Abbey” get the PBS “Masterpiece” set out of the house and into theaters?