Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2019
The closing credits of the death row drama “Trial by Fire” show then-Texas Governor Rick Perry defending his state’s enthusiastic application of the death penalty during a presidential debate, to the loud applause of the G.O.P. audience for that forum. … Continue reading
Here we go, QT exiting directing with a bang?
I cannot tell what this is going to be like from the trailers. It could go either way. Could be “Dumbo,” could be “Beauty and the Beast” in the real of love action Disney remakes. Or “Jungle Book,” which was … Continue reading
The set up is as old as Hemingway’s “To Have and Have.” A tropical island fisherman, down on his luck, turns to a more desperate use for his boat. “Cargo” is a human trafficking melodrama set in the Bahamas, with … Continue reading
Yup, a near $60 million opening for the third film in the franchise, not the best movie of the three, and the green light is lit. The brand is the thing, and Keanu and John Wick are a bramd growing … Continue reading
Focus Features has this on deck for fall, Sept. 20 to be exact. Everybody who is anybody in the series (pretty much) is here. Will “Downton Abbey” get the PBS “Masterpiece” set out of the house and into theaters?