Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2019
The closing credits of the death row drama “Trial by Fire” show then-Texas Governor Rick Perry defending his state’s enthusiastic application of the death penalty during a presidential debate, to the loud applause of the G.O.P. audience for that forum. … Continue reading
Here we go, QT exiting directing with a bang?
I cannot tell what this is going to be like from the trailers. It could go either way. Could be “Dumbo,” could be “Beauty and the Beast” in the real of love action Disney remakes. Or “Jungle Book,” which was … Continue reading
The set up is as old as Hemingway’s “To Have and Have.” A tropical island fisherman, down on his luck, turns to a more desperate use for his boat. “Cargo” is a human trafficking melodrama set in the Bahamas, with … Continue reading
Yup, a near $60 million opening for the third film in the franchise, not the best movie of the three, and the green light is lit. The brand is the thing, and Keanu and John Wick are a bramd growing … Continue reading
Focus Features has this on deck for fall, Sept. 20 to be exact. Everybody who is anybody in the series (pretty much) is here. Will “Downton Abbey” get the PBS “Masterpiece” set out of the house and into theaters?