Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 17, 2019
Watching the work of a great filmmaker in his or her later years is akin to following your favorite big league ballplayer on his “farewell tour.” Not so much because you’re eagerly anticipating the performer’s retirement. You pay attention because … Continue reading
“John Wick Chapter 3” did three times the Thursday night “preview” business that the last “John Wick” installment did. That means it’ll best “Pikachu” this weekend, and take in more money than “Avengers: Endgame,” which will finally be knocked off … Continue reading
Pattinson? Brooding, not particularly Butch. Hoult, as “Tolkien” demonstrates, is just dull. https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pattinson-nicholas-hoult-batman-short-list-matt-reeves-1202616908/
For profit Full Sail University’s most famous director alum is a veteran of the “Saw” franchise and Lionsgate has him attached to the comoc’sb”twisted” new pitch. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/16/saw-movie-reboot-chris-rock-twisted-promise