Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 17, 2019
Watching the work of a great filmmaker in his or her later years is akin to following your favorite big league ballplayer on his “farewell tour.” Not so much because you’re eagerly anticipating the performer’s retirement. You pay attention because … Continue reading
“John Wick Chapter 3” did three times the Thursday night “preview” business that the last “John Wick” installment did. That means it’ll best “Pikachu” this weekend, and take in more money than “Avengers: Endgame,” which will finally be knocked off … Continue reading
Pattinson? Brooding, not particularly Butch. Hoult, as “Tolkien” demonstrates, is just dull. https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pattinson-nicholas-hoult-batman-short-list-matt-reeves-1202616908/
For profit Full Sail University’s most famous director alum is a veteran of the “Saw” franchise and Lionsgate has him attached to the comoc’sb”twisted” new pitch. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/16/saw-movie-reboot-chris-rock-twisted-promise