Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: A German POW, a romance and football -- "The Keeper"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 29, 2019
Here’s an intriguing spin on the whole “found footage” mockumentary genre, a thriller built around a documentary filmmaker’s misadventures with online “cam girls.” As depicted in “Use Me,” these are dominatrixes who make money off humbling, using and humiliating men … Continue reading
A lot of love out of Cannes for this one, decent enough reviews aside from those who got caught up in the Eltonmania over there. Tonight, we see for ourselves, right? Not a huge fan of Taron Egerton, but he … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” was close, but not canonical “Drunk History” in feature film form. Deadline.com says the producers/creators are talking about having a go at making a movie themselves. https://t.co/a7c4TZUDiN https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1133816548777316352?s=17
With Europe and America flirting with fascism in ways we haven’t seen since the McCarthy Era, here’s a sour and generally unsatisfying parable set in the Spanish Civil War to remind us of how these things go down and how … Continue reading
Oscar winner Octavia Spencer brings it, and how, in “Ma,” a real world horror tale blessed with a top-drawer cast and a grimly satisfying third act. But you know that if you’ve seen the trailers. Two Academy Award winners, plus … Continue reading
Interesting analysis of the changing economics of blockbusters and the shifting calendar of the comic book movie era. https://www.thewrap.com/why-the-memorial-day-box-office-isnt-what-it-used-to-be/