Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 29, 2019
Here’s an intriguing spin on the whole “found footage” mockumentary genre, a thriller built around a documentary filmmaker’s misadventures with online “cam girls.” As depicted in “Use Me,” these are dominatrixes who make money off humbling, using and humiliating men … Continue reading
A lot of love out of Cannes for this one, decent enough reviews aside from those who got caught up in the Eltonmania over there. Tonight, we see for ourselves, right? Not a huge fan of Taron Egerton, but he … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” was close, but not canonical “Drunk History” in feature film form. Deadline.com says the producers/creators are talking about having a go at making a movie themselves. https://t.co/a7c4TZUDiN https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1133816548777316352?s=17
With Europe and America flirting with fascism in ways we haven’t seen since the McCarthy Era, here’s a sour and generally unsatisfying parable set in the Spanish Civil War to remind us of how these things go down and how … Continue reading
Oscar winner Octavia Spencer brings it, and how, in “Ma,” a real world horror tale blessed with a top-drawer cast and a grimly satisfying third act. But you know that if you’ve seen the trailers. Two Academy Award winners, plus … Continue reading
Interesting analysis of the changing economics of blockbusters and the shifting calendar of the comic book movie era. https://www.thewrap.com/why-the-memorial-day-box-office-isnt-what-it-used-to-be/