Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2019
Director Olivia Wilde declared war on Georgia’s cranky old men wanting control of women’s bodies bill, so one has to show one’s support. This looks rude and hilarious and is one summer movie I have been dying to see. … Continue reading
Preview, Colin Firth, Schoenaerts and Max Von Sydow re-create Russia’s “Kursk” disaster in “The Command”
“Kursk” was the original title of this submarine disaster thriller. Thomas Vinterberg (“Far from the Madding Crowd,” “The Hunt”) directed it. Something went amiss, which is why its release is so limited with this cast. Lea Seydoux is one of … Continue reading
Documentary Review — A band that never quite got there inspires “Parallel Love: The Story of a Band Called Luxury”
The arc of your typical “Band that should’ve made it, but didn’t” documentary leans heavily on some outstanding conflict, some provoking incident, that got in their way. Think “Anvil!: The Story of Anvil” or “The Best Band You’ve Never Heard” … Continue reading
When I interviewed him, his arm was in a sling. Roger Moore got hurt a lot, too. Tough gig. https://brobible.com/culture/article/daniel-craig-injuries-james-bond/amp/
Next screening? Let’s learn of this Band called Luxury, many of whose members became priests — “Parallel Love”
Documentaries are my form of continuing education. Never heard of this Georgia band, subject of “Parallel Love: The Story of a Band Called Luxury.” Now I have. A movie’s going to explain why they’re worth a documentary, right?
The phone rings, and horror of horrors, it’s a LAND LINE. What’s worse, she has no Caller ID “Who is this?” “It’s THE DEVIL!” She’s been ducking his calls. “Just leave me alone!” “Not until I have your SOUL. Bwah-hah-hah-hah!” … Continue reading
“Poms” was critically eviscerated, so maybe Diane Keaton, who loves to work and still can get movies made with her name on them, will get a break with a UK comedy. “Hampstead” (June 14) co-stars Brendan Gleeson as a man … Continue reading
A high school teen tries to cope with the death of her sister. The fact that “He was the last person to see her alive,” and there’s uncertainty about how she died, that eats at her. “You didn’t know my … Continue reading
They’re both as pretty as they can be, and the camera just loves Yara Shahidi and Charles Melton, so lots of swooning close-ups. They play characters with inner conflict and drama built in to their “Meet Cute” moment, with a … Continue reading