Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2019
Long title, longish movie. Hoping for the best.
I can’t recall ever truly hating a Johnny Depp star vehicle, and I’m not going to start with “The Professor.” But I’m tempted. It flirts with being offensive, but falls short. It’s not entirely maudlin, not wholly misogynistic, but close … Continue reading
This is the July 3 horror tale from the director of “Hereditary,” Ari Aster. A little “Wicker Man,” a little “The Witch,” a bit of Scandinavia isn’t all that inviting, eh?
You need to see “The Biggest Little Farm,” and not because that many of us have the energy, gumption and chutzpah to emulate what we see here. Everybody needs to see this lovely little documentary because of its optimism, a … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” is a makeover of the image of legendarily “sad,” “loveless,” “reclusive” “spinster” poet Emily Dickinson. It’s “Drunk History” without the alcohol. It re-examines the “legend,” and tears holes in it with laughs based on rock solid … Continue reading