Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2019
Long title, longish movie. Hoping for the best.
I can’t recall ever truly hating a Johnny Depp star vehicle, and I’m not going to start with “The Professor.” But I’m tempted. It flirts with being offensive, but falls short. It’s not entirely maudlin, not wholly misogynistic, but close … Continue reading
This is the July 3 horror tale from the director of “Hereditary,” Ari Aster. A little “Wicker Man,” a little “The Witch,” a bit of Scandinavia isn’t all that inviting, eh?
You need to see “The Biggest Little Farm,” and not because that many of us have the energy, gumption and chutzpah to emulate what we see here. Everybody needs to see this lovely little documentary because of its optimism, a … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” is a makeover of the image of legendarily “sad,” “loveless,” “reclusive” “spinster” poet Emily Dickinson. It’s “Drunk History” without the alcohol. It re-examines the “legend,” and tears holes in it with laughs based on rock solid … Continue reading