Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2019
Long title, longish movie. Hoping for the best.
I can’t recall ever truly hating a Johnny Depp star vehicle, and I’m not going to start with “The Professor.” But I’m tempted. It flirts with being offensive, but falls short. It’s not entirely maudlin, not wholly misogynistic, but close … Continue reading
This is the July 3 horror tale from the director of “Hereditary,” Ari Aster. A little “Wicker Man,” a little “The Witch,” a bit of Scandinavia isn’t all that inviting, eh?
You need to see “The Biggest Little Farm,” and not because that many of us have the energy, gumption and chutzpah to emulate what we see here. Everybody needs to see this lovely little documentary because of its optimism, a … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” is a makeover of the image of legendarily “sad,” “loveless,” “reclusive” “spinster” poet Emily Dickinson. It’s “Drunk History” without the alcohol. It re-examines the “legend,” and tears holes in it with laughs based on rock solid … Continue reading