Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2019
Long title, longish movie. Hoping for the best.
I can’t recall ever truly hating a Johnny Depp star vehicle, and I’m not going to start with “The Professor.” But I’m tempted. It flirts with being offensive, but falls short. It’s not entirely maudlin, not wholly misogynistic, but close … Continue reading
This is the July 3 horror tale from the director of “Hereditary,” Ari Aster. A little “Wicker Man,” a little “The Witch,” a bit of Scandinavia isn’t all that inviting, eh?
You need to see “The Biggest Little Farm,” and not because that many of us have the energy, gumption and chutzpah to emulate what we see here. Everybody needs to see this lovely little documentary because of its optimism, a … Continue reading
“Wild Nights with Emily” is a makeover of the image of legendarily “sad,” “loveless,” “reclusive” “spinster” poet Emily Dickinson. It’s “Drunk History” without the alcohol. It re-examines the “legend,” and tears holes in it with laughs based on rock solid … Continue reading