Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: A dying dad's puzzle can only be solved by "Half Brothers"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2019
It’s all just man/boy sex with peaches to some folks. https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/114916965.html
Some days — or nights — present you with a dilemma. Tonight, for instance, Warners’ “Godzilla” with Millie Bobby et al is previewing. But so is Universal’s “Ma.” Two studios who like to camp their films on the Tuesday night … Continue reading
She didn’t want to have her picture taken next to the Gateway to India monument like a tourist or pilgrim to Mumbai. But something about his pitch, about how she’d “look back, see the sun on your face” and have … Continue reading
Late getting to this Amazon Studios release, as Amazon is something of the “Witness Protection Program” among film distributors. And they’re not alone. A “here’s today in a photograph” romance — strangers who take on something like a relationship thanks … Continue reading
Traditionally, and by long-established cultural cliche, it’s cats that “little old ladies” hoard. Or dogs. But it can be pigs. And in extreme, but seemingly more readily “diagnosed” cases, it can be tigers — large cats kept, by and large … Continue reading
The actual tally was $112.7. Big news. Bigger news? The busts that “Booksmart” and “Brightburn” turned out to be. “Brightburn” was critically dismissed and only managed $9.5. “Booksmart” earned effusive praise from critics, but under $9 million from paying patrons. … Continue reading
An overnight shift in professions, outmoded or newly in demand, the power of agents and the simple metrics of what constitutes cinematic success is about to roil Hollywood, on top of the changes already on progress. https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/hollywood-changing-fast-can-film-industry-lifers-change-too-1202145060/
Like most early but not “earliest” adapters — I found Jackie Chan’s action comedies at the insistence of friends into Asian cinema. A top tier stunt man, martial artist and Keaton-esque clown, it took a while, a few tries and … Continue reading
An all star cast featuring The Best of Britain (men, anyway) — Cumberbatch, Firth and Mark Strong are among those on board for this Spielberg production directed by Bond very Sam Mendes. Bit late to be getting in on all … Continue reading
From the “Bill & Ted 3” Twitter Feed “Bill & Ted Day is totally two weeks from today! Hosting a public event for it? Let us know, dude. Events are currently scheduled to happen in multiple locations in the UK … Continue reading