Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2019
Oh I can hardly wait…hey, just lowering expectations to leave more room for “surprise” and “delight” right?
“Non-Fiction” is a chatty French comedy peopled with effortlessly thin, effortlessly stylish, witty, sophisticated and oh-so-dry members of the monied, educated and literary classes. They lunch and debate, cocktail party, attend readings and appear on chat shows and discuss everything … Continue reading
The great Dame Judi Dench has all but retired from acting, her eyesight not allowing her to memorize scripts the way she once did. So so you’d better take care to use this resource wisely, surrounding her with stellar supporting … Continue reading
Ick. Too short? Well, let’s see if we can further do justice to the surreal, serio-comic acid trip afterbirth that is “Saint Bernard.” You can’t say you weren’t warned, any more than I wasn’t. It’s an unreleasable, indulgent exercise in … Continue reading
Next screening? “Saint Bernard,” horror the likes of which neither we, nor star Warwick Davis, have ever seen before!
Ok, Warwick Davis was in “Leprechaun.” So he’s almost certainly seen the likes of “Saint Bernard” before. This promises to be something to see, man. Horror projects directed by SFX guys (Gabriel Bartalos) generally are. “Saint Bernard” was completed in … Continue reading
A Florida documentary filmmaker I know and can vouch for is kickstarter funding the completing of his most ambitious work yet. Eric Breitenbach, the director of “When Pigs Fly” and “Cultivating the Wild” is profiling three teachers dealing with differing … Continue reading