Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2019
Oh I can hardly wait…hey, just lowering expectations to leave more room for “surprise” and “delight” right?
“Non-Fiction” is a chatty French comedy peopled with effortlessly thin, effortlessly stylish, witty, sophisticated and oh-so-dry members of the monied, educated and literary classes. They lunch and debate, cocktail party, attend readings and appear on chat shows and discuss everything … Continue reading
The great Dame Judi Dench has all but retired from acting, her eyesight not allowing her to memorize scripts the way she once did. So so you’d better take care to use this resource wisely, surrounding her with stellar supporting … Continue reading
Ick. Too short? Well, let’s see if we can further do justice to the surreal, serio-comic acid trip afterbirth that is “Saint Bernard.” You can’t say you weren’t warned, any more than I wasn’t. It’s an unreleasable, indulgent exercise in … Continue reading
Next screening? “Saint Bernard,” horror the likes of which neither we, nor star Warwick Davis, have ever seen before!
Ok, Warwick Davis was in “Leprechaun.” So he’s almost certainly seen the likes of “Saint Bernard” before. This promises to be something to see, man. Horror projects directed by SFX guys (Gabriel Bartalos) generally are. “Saint Bernard” was completed in … Continue reading
A Florida documentary filmmaker I know and can vouch for is kickstarter funding the completing of his most ambitious work yet. Eric Breitenbach, the director of “When Pigs Fly” and “Cultivating the Wild” is profiling three teachers dealing with differing … Continue reading