Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2018
We all have our favorite character actors, right? One of mine — I have many — is Man Mountain of the Great White North Ron Perlman, of “Quest for Fire,” “Hellboy” and too many too indie and B-movies to number. … Continue reading
“Weightless” is a downbeat, off-his-meds dip into magical realism, a somber drama about a guy wholly unfit to be a full time father put in charge of the son he’d never met. It won’t be to every taste, but director … Continue reading
As Wayne might say to Garth…”Whooaaaa.” And “Bu-whaaaa?” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” riding the best Thursday night “preview” sales in recent musical history and staggering weekend pre-sales, is set to clear $50 million on its opening outing. The movie that blew up … Continue reading
There’s something about fall that suggests secrets, covering up. It’s the conspiratorial season, the perfect time of year for espionage pictures and movies about infidelity. That’s what “The Delinquent Season” is, an Irish melodrama about cheating, how it happens … Continue reading