Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: When "I Still Believe" isn't enough
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 9, 2018
Start-up distributor STX is dabbling in animation, too. Their MO — throw money at “names” of dubious cinematic merit — applies to the animated side, too. Janelle Monae, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, Gabriel Iglesias, Wanda Sykes, Emma Roberts and Blake … Continue reading
“Astral” is a British thriller in the “Ouija” mode, young people creeped out by what they stumble into exploring the “other” world. Shot quickly and on the cheap (12 days, limited locations), it plays like a prospectus for a bigger, … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Decent reviews for “Overlord,” mixed ones for blockbuster “Grinch” and pans for “Girl…Spider’s Web”
Filmgoers have lots of choices at Fandango.com or in the line at their favorite cineplex box office this weekend. The holdover “Bohemian Rhapsody” should continue the Queen revival. But “The Grinch” gives families with small children something to go see, … Continue reading
“Overlord” grafts World War II combat movie cliches onto zombie and Frankenstein “Give my creature LIFE!” cliches, a D-Day with Monsters mashup with splendid firefights, digitally dazzling airdrop action and gruesome as all get out Nazi Walking Dead effects. It’s … Continue reading