Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 9, 2018
Start-up distributor STX is dabbling in animation, too. Their MO — throw money at “names” of dubious cinematic merit — applies to the animated side, too. Janelle Monae, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, Gabriel Iglesias, Wanda Sykes, Emma Roberts and Blake … Continue reading
“Astral” is a British thriller in the “Ouija” mode, young people creeped out by what they stumble into exploring the “other” world. Shot quickly and on the cheap (12 days, limited locations), it plays like a prospectus for a bigger, … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Decent reviews for “Overlord,” mixed ones for blockbuster “Grinch” and pans for “Girl…Spider’s Web”
Filmgoers have lots of choices at Fandango.com or in the line at their favorite cineplex box office this weekend. The holdover “Bohemian Rhapsody” should continue the Queen revival. But “The Grinch” gives families with small children something to go see, … Continue reading
“Overlord” grafts World War II combat movie cliches onto zombie and Frankenstein “Give my creature LIFE!” cliches, a D-Day with Monsters mashup with splendid firefights, digitally dazzling airdrop action and gruesome as all get out Nazi Walking Dead effects. It’s … Continue reading