Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 9, 2018
Start-up distributor STX is dabbling in animation, too. Their MO — throw money at “names” of dubious cinematic merit — applies to the animated side, too. Janelle Monae, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, Gabriel Iglesias, Wanda Sykes, Emma Roberts and Blake … Continue reading
“Astral” is a British thriller in the “Ouija” mode, young people creeped out by what they stumble into exploring the “other” world. Shot quickly and on the cheap (12 days, limited locations), it plays like a prospectus for a bigger, … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Decent reviews for “Overlord,” mixed ones for blockbuster “Grinch” and pans for “Girl…Spider’s Web”
Filmgoers have lots of choices at Fandango.com or in the line at their favorite cineplex box office this weekend. The holdover “Bohemian Rhapsody” should continue the Queen revival. But “The Grinch” gives families with small children something to go see, … Continue reading
“Overlord” grafts World War II combat movie cliches onto zombie and Frankenstein “Give my creature LIFE!” cliches, a D-Day with Monsters mashup with splendid firefights, digitally dazzling airdrop action and gruesome as all get out Nazi Walking Dead effects. It’s … Continue reading