Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 20, 2018
Shot in Scotland, co-starring Peter Mullen, “The Vanishing” is based on “The Flannan Isle Mystery,” a real event involving lighthouse keepers who went missing at the beginning of the 20th century. This January release has a hint of “Picnic at … Continue reading
“You can feel the excitement in this arena tonight,” the boxing broadcaster Jim Lampley lies in introducing the climactic fight finale of “Creed II.” And because that’s not enough, he launches into “It feels Shakespearean.” And while one is sure … Continue reading